MY 1998 Ford Explorer Sport

flamebowi

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi everyone,

My name is Jeff, Ive been a member on this fourm for a while, but have never really posted much. Im an engineer based out of Toronto, Ontario. This is my 1998 Ford Explorer Sport. (Sorry about the poor quality pictures)

2208gb3_20.jpeg

8268j6c_20.jpeg

6196lk2_20.jpeg

24595dh_20.jpeg

347610g_20.jpeg

347610g_20.jpeg

9596dfi_20.jpeg

7715n4h_20.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good! I really like the Sport versions. I had a really nice 1997 four door but, I sold it due to 1. my friend wanted it more than me. 2. I was a four door.

Nice clean truck, including the engine compartment!

Thanks guys,

unfortunately if the photos were a little higher resolution it would be clear that the truck is far from perfect. It has the notorious rocker panel rust, which I am debating fixing, but I doubt the time is really worth it. Im planning on doing a few upgrades diagnostic wise over the summer. All the other cars I own, are open source tune, so breaking into the ecu is relatively easy. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this, some timing advance at highway driving engine parameters may allow me to gain a few mpg, because we all know, the OHV is in need of a mpg boost. Thanks again for the compliments!

Jeff

Nice Ex Sport. diggin the blackout scheme on the front end and the lime green fogs. where the helld you get those?

To be completely honest, eBay.

The projector housings for the fog lights, I took off a subaru I had, as the new bumper I needed to make room for the inter cooler wouldn't accept the fogs. I mounted the fog light housings in my explorer and then bought 3000K 55W HID kit off ebay, and an 8000K 55W HID kit for the headlights. It wasnt that expensive at all, I think I paid less than $100 for both kits to my door.

Jeff

Heres another quick photo of when I took a drive out onto the sandbar, Im roughly 150-180 ft from shore here.

31054_400254762067_770836_n.jpg

Nice truck! Saltwater = Yikes! lol

I remember when I first picked up my Mounty 3 years ago, it's original owner was a boat-dropper. Had a lot of surface rust to brush off before I did an underbody spray. Never came back!

Luckly im from ontario,canada and this was in a freshwater lake. Saltwater would not be ideal for rust prevention thats for sure!

Back