My 2001 Sport...soon to be lifted??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2001 Sport...soon to be lifted???

Here's my truck guys. Just a crappy pic I took with my camera phone since I don't have a digital camera. Let me know what you guys think. Oh yeah I think its getting lifted.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice truck

if it's gettin lifted it shouldn't be in the sport truck registry ;)

Seems a lot of people are converting from street to off-road even with bad gas prices - oh well :rolleyes:

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
if it's gettin lifted it shouldn't be in the sport truck registry ;)

Seems a lot of people are converting from street to off-road even with bad gas prices - oh well :rolleyes:

-Drew

Yeah, I am debating whether or not to lift it. If I keep it lowered I want to paint that stupid grey cladding, which would be the most expensive thing on my truck, and finding someone to do it is a PITA also. Everything has to be so difficult with these model of sports. If anyone has any eurotails I would be interested or any parts for an 01 sport.

-Rich

how much lift are you looking to do?

I bought a 3" body lift from cybergasm. Then probably doing TT, AAL and shackles. So whatever that gets me.

-Rich

5in...about...nice. Im always a fan of lift over lowered.

SkanlaxJMO said:
5in...about...nice. Im always a fan of lift over lowered.

Is your ex lifted? if so how did you lift it?

-Rich

not right now this weekdn im doing shackes and TT

nice where did you buy your shackles?

-Rich

im using the auto zone cheapies. then ill drill them out to 9/16ths i also buying new grade 8 bolts and welding in a cross peice to beef them up a little. But you can buy war-153's from dessert rat or tellico4x4 for around 60 bucks....mine were 15(but they are very beffy...just no cross piece).

SkanlaxJMO said:
im using the auto zone cheapies. then ill drill them out to 9/16ths i also buying new grade 8 bolts and welding in a cross peice to beef them up a little. But you can buy war-153's from dessert rat or tellico4x4 for around 60 bucks....mine were 15(but they are very beffy...just no cross piece).

I was thinking of getting the ones at autozone too. Do you know what part number they are? Also I think on one of the post I saw they said you could bolt a piece of 3/4" pipe for a cross piece? Also why do you need to drill them out and use grade 8 bolts?

-Rich

I can make you a deal on some 32's, shackles, and safari rack:)

you drill them out becasue the diameter for the holes is to narrow...they need to be the stock size you use grade 8 bolts because...they wont break...im not sure on the part# i just saw them there and grabbed them they are with the rest of the lift and towing stuff......im not sure how you would bolot a 3/8 pipe across.

justin146 said:
I can make you a deal on some 32's, shackles, and safari rack:)

I'm sure you could ;) Are you still trying to sell those black 20s? If you are good luck with that.

-Rich

i just went into the garage...i think the part number is 13-4000 mabe by superior automotive

SkanlaxJMO said:
you drill them out becasue the diameter for the holes is to narrow...they need to be the stock size you use grade 8 bolts because...they wont break...im not sure on the part# i just saw them there and grabbed them they are with the rest of the lift and towing stuff......im not sure how you would bolot a 3/8 pipe across.

Cool. Where at in Ohio is Hudson?

-Rich

NE up by cleveland were in Michigan are you from?.....i used to live in the Holland area.

Hartland, Its like 30 mins south of Flint.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah ok...so have i conviced you to lift it yet?.....ohh BTW do you have Aim?

Back