My 2003 Ranger stalls after 20-30 miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2003 Ranger stalls after 20-30 miles

IH8CARS

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Bandon, Oregon. I have a 2003 Ranger with 135,000 miles on it, and I've been having this problem with it:

Hi, I have a 2003 Ford Ranger, 2 wheel drive, 2.3L, standard trans, no air. It starts & runs fine when cold, but when gets warmed up it stalls, at 60 mph, or at standing idle. It first happened as just a tick, but has become more
frequent & for longer periods. I let it idle in the drive for an hour letting it get good and warm, then I revved the enginea few times. I noticed the speedometer needle start twitching, and when I turned it off,and restarted it several times
the starter wouldn't spin, and the dash lights don't come on. This morning it starts no problem (10 times cold) Also when it stalls, the dash lights act like I've turned the key off. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry, the obd reader gives me "0" code faults, & the "check engine lt" doesn't come on at all.
The battery is at 14v when engine is idleing. I've replaced the mass airflow sensor & the air filter.
I live a mile from the ocean, but I don't think that is a factor.

..Welcome here..:D

..If you also had your location under your name we would also know the environmental conditions the vehicle possibly has been subject to..;)

..My first thoughts are that you are having an electrical short or a grounding problem but you also have not mentioned having the stored codes read which may tell you where to look for the problem..:(

..Get your codes and post them here, add your location, and others near you might even be able to give a hand..Otherwise, we can try and help with as much info as you can supply us..:biggthump

..BTW...Is your check engine light on steady or is it flashing?

Back