Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Picked up Wed.

Frank

pickup1q.jpg

pickup5.jpg

pickup6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love that colour

Congrats

Congrats. it's a great colour

Very nice vehicle! Congrats!

One thing I have been curious about, what does the third button do in the trio of buttons below the knob for the headlights and that? One is power lift gate, the other is tow, both of which I have on my XLT, but I was wondering what the third did which you seem to have something there. Is it just the power fold rear seats or something?

It's for auto parallel parking. I've used it a couple times...pretty neat and freaky.

I just ordered one in same color on Wed. I hope it comes in sooner than the 8 weeks I am expecting. How long did yours take to arrive?

It's for auto parallel parking. I've used it a couple times...pretty neat and freaky.

I just asked the government testing group whether my wife is allowed to use the autopark feature when she does her driver's test. They said no ... although I have to question what parallel parking has to do with driving :)

Hmm - can you push the button and "pretend" you're steering? :)

I just asked the government testing group whether my wife is allowed to use the autopark feature when she does her driver's test. They said no ... although I have to question what parallel parking has to do with driving :)

Hmm - can you push the button and "pretend" you're steering? :)
lol...can't blame a guy for trying..:D

I am finishing my order paperwork on XLT in the Sterling Grey. That color is great.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

I like that color too! Congrats!

The sign states "Employee Pricing" did you get employee pricing?

During the summer, Ford Canada often offers "employee pricing", that brings our pricing down to that of the US retail pricing.

However, interest rates are 6.5%, and delivery fees remain at $1,450 (irrespective of whether its a Ford Edge, made down the street), so don't be too envious - most of us would rather buy our cars in the US! :)

although I have to question what parallel parking has to do with driving
It was big in the olden days of driving, I believe. I started driving at 16 in 1993, and I had to parallel park, yet in day-to-day driving I think I only needed to do this five or six times since.

Nice color, really looks nice, and yes the Auto Park is freaky, I scared, my aunt, uncle with it tonight lol!

During the summer, Ford Canada often offers "employee pricing", that brings our pricing down to that of the US retail pricing.

However, interest rates are 6.5%, and delivery fees remain at $1,450 (irrespective of whether its a Ford Edge, made down the street), so don't be too envious - most of us would rather buy our cars in the US! :)
My 48 month lease is at 3.49% and the delivery fee was NOT charged!

My 48 month lease is at 3.49% and the delivery fee was NOT charged!

The interest rate I mentioned 6.49% (or 7.99% for a lease) and the delivery fees were prior to negotiation, based on the Ford website.

I need info from you PeterK9!!

I'm planning to place my (Canadian - Toronto) order this month and all I've taken out is 4% for dealer mark-up and Costco, which I believe brings price down to $43,923 plus taxes, as detailed below.

However I'm also planning to delay delivery till December (dealer probably likes that anyway) when Costco will probably be back on and I'll also be able to take advantage of lower interest rates or cash deal offers at that time, and perhaps the Winter Package they offered last year (4 winter tires, rims and pressure monitoring).

Any suggestions would be welcome - particularly with respect that #$#%@ delivery fee you managed to kill!

Explorer Limited - 6Cy 4WD Base Price

White Titanium TriCoat with Pecan/Black Interior
302A Rapid Spec
Trailer Package
Navigation

TOTAL MSRP Including Employee Discount $45,655

LESS:
Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)
Less Costco - ($1,000)

GRAND TOTAL (pre tax) - $42,923

Thanks guys, the color is the same as my Bimmer, kinda like it.

Yes I got 'employee pricing'.

Costco IS on now!

Costco IS on now!

I know, and if I order now I get the better of the deal at the time I order, or the deal at delivery (employee pricing I get regardless).

Costco deal ends at the end of October, and if they restart it in December ALONG with other discounts, then I get those other discounts as well.

(Hope that made sense?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried asking for quotes in your area if they'll accept the 2% because in my area all dealers didn't accept my offer, but I was able to lower it for a few hundreds.

The interest rate I mentioned 6.49% (or 7.99% for a lease) and the delivery fees were prior to negotiation, based on the Ford website.

I need info from you PeterK9!!

I'm planning to place my (Canadian - Toronto) order this month and all I've taken out is 4% for dealer mark-up and Costco, which I believe brings price down to $43,923 plus taxes, as detailed below.

However I'm also planning to delay delivery till December (dealer probably likes that anyway) when Costco will probably be back on and I'll also be able to take advantage of lower interest rates or cash deal offers at that time, and perhaps the Winter Package they offered last year (4 winter tires, rims and pressure monitoring).

Any suggestions would be welcome - particularly with respect that #$#%@ delivery fee you managed to kill!

Explorer Limited - 6Cy 4WD Base Price

White Titanium TriCoat with Pecan/Black Interior
302A Rapid Spec
Trailer Package
Navigation

TOTAL MSRP Including Employee Discount $45,655

LESS:
Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)
Less Costco - ($1,000)

GRAND TOTAL (pre tax) - $42,923

Back