My 2013 Explorer Sport Birth Certificate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Explorer Sport Birth Certificate

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I have just received my window sticker for my dealer ordered 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that was ordered on December 13,2012. I received a vin number just a week later(thanks to Crystal's weekley updates) and today the window sticker just about a month later. It has a built date of 1-23-2013. That is fast!!
I am not sure if it has anything to do with the order being a Priority #10 but I remember that the dealer told me at the time that it was the best number given to the order.

Here is the window sticker link,

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FM5K8GT0DGC08919

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have just received my window sticker for my dealer ordered 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that was ordered on December 13,2012. I received a vin number just a week later(thanks to Crystal's weekley updates) and today the window sticker just about a month leter. It has a built date of 1-23 2013. That is fast!!
I am not sure if it has anything to do with the order being a Priority #10 but I remember that the dealer told me at the time that it was the best number given to the order.

Here is the window sticker link,

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FM5K8GT0DGC08919

Mine is a "Priority 10" ordered 12/6 and yet i have not rec'd a VIN yet:(
But congratulations on your to be Sport!!!

Same as me - I ordered an Explorer Limited on 12/14 and still no VIN. Supposedly there WAS some sort of stop order from Ford but I'm waiting for my call back from corporate for the details. I called Ford Customer Care last Friday and was told I would receive a call back on my escalated case. Spoke with a supervisor today that confirmed a stop order but she will be investigating what the stop is actually for and whether this was just for my vehicle, similar vehicles, or my dealership specifically.

I would say it has something to do with dealer allocations. I ordered my limited on Dec 15 and it was built on Jan 14. Dealer order was a Priority 10. I believe my dealer has the allocations because they are a larger dealer with 2 stores and that is why mine was built so quickly.

Thanks Zorro11,

Have you tried contacting Crystal a Ford Rep here in the forum? If you send her via PM your Dealer Information and order number she will be able to track your order and give you the most up to date information including the vin # for your Explorer is one has been assigned to it.

If you haven't done so please do and she will be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Thanks Zorro11,

Have you tried contacting Crystal a Ford Rep here in the forum? If you send her via PM your Dealer Information and order number she will be able to track your order and give you the most up to date information including the vin # for your Explorer is one has been assigned to it.

If you haven't done so please do and she will be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Yes, quite a few times, unfortunately the result has been the same :( "still in ordering process"

Hey folks!

Waiting stinks, but I'm sure that the moment your new Explorer comes home you'll forget all about it. :) Keep in mind that I'm happy to provide you with weekly updates on your new vehicles, just send a PM my way with either an order number/dealer name or your VIN. I'll keep you updated through the whole process.

Those of you who are lucky to have brand spankin' new Explorers sitting in your garage, be sure to post lots of pictures so we can drool over those sweet rides!

Thanks,

Crystal

Yes, quite a few times, unfortunately the result has been the same :( "still in ordering process"

Same boat as me - hopefully someone at Ford can figure this out - 5 weeks and still no VIN...

Ask for another update today. Plant scheduling gets done on Thurdays and the system updates around 11am EST to reflect any changes.

Ask for another update today. Plant scheduling gets done on Thurdays and the system updates around 11am EST to reflect any changes.

Will do!!! Thanks!

Is anyone leasing theirs? I am in negotiations now and wanted to see what others are paying, let me know please

Back