• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Explorer Sport ETA Feb-4

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I have just finished getting off the phone with Ford Customer Relations ( 1-800-392-3673) concerning my order since my Sport was built yesterday to find out when the ETA will be at my dealer and I was told that the Sport is awating shipment and it has an ETA of February 4. That is a very fast turn around considering that this order was placed at my dealer on December 12,2012.

I have already ordered the few accessories that I will be installing in my new Sport. In fact today I just received my new DeeZee running boards . Here is a link to my thread in this forum,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343141

I also ordered the Shark Finn Antenna from Visual Garage,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343743

and I am also getting today the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors,
part# 82565 in Dark Tint and I already have the Ford OEM Mud Flaps for front and back.

The last thing to do will be to tint the two front windows the same tint as the back ones as I have already done in my current 2012 Explorer Limited.

I promise to take and post pictures as soon as I finished installing all the accessories just as I did with the 2012 Explorer Limited.

Best, Carlos

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will love the turbos. I just got mine and i can't stay off the gas

Sweet! You've chosen some nice accessories to go along with your new Explorer. Can't wait to see some pics!

I have just finished getting off the phone with Ford Customer Relations ( 1-800-392-3673) concerning my order since my Sport was built yesterday to find out when the ETA will be at my dealer and I was told that the Sport is awating shipment and it has an ETA of February 4. That is a very fast turn around considering that this order was placed at my dealer on December 12,2012...

Sounds like you got some great news, Carlos! Send me a PM when you're ready for a new update!

Crystal

Sounds like a great one.. I ordered mine last week. Cannot wait to get it in, they are telling me mid March

Sounds like a great one.. I ordered mine last week. Cannot wait to get it in, they are telling me mid March
Just be patient. I always say that "Good things come to those who wait" and the wait for this lovely Explorer Sport is worth it.

When I went to my dealer last December they had two in the show room but it was in Ingot Silver and White both with the black interior and I wanted mine with the Sienna interior and of course in white. It's sad that we have to give up a few features like the power fold third row seats,lane departure warning,heated steering wheel,park assist in order to get the Sport but I think it is worth it.

I have read in another thread that for the 2014 model year Ford will be offering the Explorer limited with the V6 Ecoboost engine. I am not sure how true this will be but if it is I may be trading my Sport for the limited. This is funny because when I went to buy my current 2012 Explorer Limited on September 2011 I asked my salesman if Ford was offering the V6 Ecoboost engine that was on the Ford Taurus SHO in the Explorer and he told me of course that it was not an option. Now my salesman was laughing when last fall Ford started producing the Sport and of course he knew that I will be trading my 2012 limited for the Sport and in a few weeks I will be driving one.

This is a link to the window sticker of mine,

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FM5K8GT0DGC08919

I have just finished getting off the phone with Ford Customer Relations ( 1-800-392-3673) concerning my order since my Sport was built yesterday to find out when the ETA will be at my dealer and I was told that the Sport is awating shipment and it has an ETA of February 4. That is a very fast turn around considering that this order was placed at my dealer on December 12,2012.

I have already ordered the few accessories that I will be installing in my new Sport. In fact today I just received my new DeeZee running boards . Here is a link to my thread in this forum,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343141

I also ordered the Shark Finn Antenna from Visual Garage,

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343743

and I am also getting today the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors,
part# 82565 in Dark Tint and I already have the Ford OEM Mud Flaps for front and back.

The last thing to do will be to tint the two front windows the same tint as the back ones as I have already done in my current 2012 Explorer Limited.

I promise to take and post pictures as soon as I finished installing all the accessories just as I did with the 2012 Explorer Limited.

Best, Carlos

Carlos
Can't wait to see pictures of your Sport.I also have one on order eta of 2/12, I was thinking of ordering the DeeZee running boards so pictures of a sport with boards might convince me to order.
So far I've ordered Weather tech mats and OEM rear bumper protector.
Will also be tinting the front windows as soon I get it and ordering the shark fin antenna when I get the paint code for ruby red.
Here's what my Sport order looks like.
Ruby Red
402a
Dual moonroof
Adaptive cruise

keep us posted,
Lou

Back