• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Explorer Sport Photos

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
As promised here are the photos of my 2013 Explorer Sport. The first set of photos are from when I picked up the Sport at the Dealer. Please excuse the photos if they are not that clear. They were taken with my IPhone 5 and it was very cold that night in New Jersey(18*F and very windy).

This is the Explorer Sport in White Platinum Met Tri-Coat with
Charcoal Black Sienna Interior.
Equipment Group 402A
Dual Panel Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise Collision Warning System
Trailer Tow Package
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Mud Flaps
Wheel Locks

IMG_0372JPG2_zpsa000ab91.jpg

IMG_0371JPG2_zps0a82e642.jpg

IMG_0370JPG2_zpsbb5886fc.jpg

IMG_0369JPG2_zps14afd19b.jpg

IMG_0374JPG2_zps1f71b8d7.jpg

and here are the photos of the same Explorer Sport after having the front windows tinted 20% and Installing the Weather Tech Vent Shades

IMG_0382JPG3_zpsd8436df9.jpg

IMG_0379_zps6bfa08d6.jpg

IMG_0376_zps379ff637.jpg

IMG_0387JPG2_zps6260e9d0.jpg

IMG_0385JPG3_zps5fb4f5eb.jpg

This thursday I will be installing the Dee Zee running boards and the Visual Garage's Shark Fin Antenna which it was delivered today.

On Friday the dealer is picking up my Explorer and doing the hand painted Pin Stripping and also Installing the Roof Rack Cross Bars.

I also ordered today the Xenon HID Kit in 8000K for the mains (9005/ HB3) and the 8000K (H11) for the Fog lights.

I will be taken better pictures with my camera and post them here once everything is done with the Explorer.

I think this will be it for now unless I can think of something else to add to my lovely Sport.

Best regards to all,

Carlos

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice it looks like my twin almost....
interested in seeing the DEE Zee's on it

This thursday I will be installing the Dee Zee running boards and the Visual Garage's Shark Fin Antenna which it was delivered today.

On Friday the dealer is picking up my Explorer and doing the hand painted Pin Stripping and also Installing the Roof Rack Cross Bars.

I also ordered today the Xenon HID Kit in 8000K for the mains (9005/ HB3) and the 8000K (H11) for the Fog lights.

I will be taken better pictures with my camera and post them here once everything is done with the Explorer.

I think this will be it for now unless I can think of something else to add to my lovely Sport.

Best regards to all,

Carlos

Carlos,

She's a beauty! I am interested in some running boards as well. Can you share more about the Dee Zee's? Are they from the dealer? Cost? Would love to see pics after the modifications are made. Also, did you also tint the windshield as well? I am considering doing this and wondering if you did, how dark did you go? Thanks!

Carlos,

She's a beauty! I am interested in some running boards as well. Can you share more about the Dee Zee's? Are they from the dealer? Cost? Would love to see pics after the modifications are made. Also, did you also tint the windshield as well? I am considering doing this and wondering if you did, how dark did you go? Thanks!

Hi rellyrooly,
The Dee Zee's that I will be installing in the sport are the DZ16202 with the mounting brackets DZ16221. They are not from the dealer. I bought them from AutoAnything.com and I paid $326.32 total including shipping and no sales tax. The best price you can find. They are the black ones with the chrome trim. I installed them myself and it only took me an hour to do so. There is absolutely no drilling required.
As far as the window tinting I only had the two front windows done and I used 20% to match the rest of the windows. My front windshield was not tinted

I want to install the same ones in the Sport since the Sport wheels have polished aluminum lines and I feel that it will accent the wheels as well as the car.

I had them installed in my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Here are some photos of the same DeeZee running boards in that Explorer,

DSC04530.jpg

DSC04520.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04515.jpg

DSC04521.jpg

As promised here are the photos of my 2013 Explorer Sport. The first set of photos are from when I picked up the Sport at the Dealer. Please excuse the photos if they are not that clear. They were taken with my IPhone 5 and it was very cold that night in New Jersey(18*F and very windy).

Equipment Group 402A
Dual Panel Moonroof
Trailer Tow Package
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Mud Flaps
Wheel Locks...

What can I say, Carlos? Your Explorer is absolutely stunning! :D I'm a big fan of the Charcoal Black/Sienna Interior. Thanks for sharing the pictures! :thumbsup:

Stay warm and enjoy the new ride!

Crystal

Carlos,

You are wonderful! Thank you so much for all of the info you have shared with me! I really like those Dee Zees as well. Great choice! I also noticed on your previous EX that you had a center console between the buckets. Did you add that after market? Was it a problem for passengers to get to the back seats?

I am considering tinting that front window...there is film that is I think 65% that is legal here in AZ. It gives the car an even more blacked out appearance and it looks really cool. I ordered the tuxedo black exterior so a really blacked out look is what I am going for.

I agree with Crystal; LOVE the black/sienna seats and so glad I ordered them. I haven't even seen them in person yet so seeing your pic really has me excited!!!!

Equipment Group 402A
Dual Panel Moonroof
Trailer Tow Package
Roof Rack Cross Bars
Mud Flaps
Wheel Locks

IMG_0372JPG2_zpsa000ab91.jpg

IMG_0371JPG2_zps0a82e642.jpg

IMG_0370JPG2_zpsbb5886fc.jpg

IMG_0369JPG2_zps14afd19b.jpg

IMG_0374JPG2_zps1f71b8d7.jpg

and here are the photos of the same Explorer Sport after having the front windows tinted 20% and Installing the Weather Tech Vent Shades

IMG_0382JPG3_zpsd8436df9.jpg

IMG_0379_zps6bfa08d6.jpg

IMG_0376_zps379ff637.jpg

IMG_0387JPG2_zps6260e9d0.jpg

IMG_0385JPG3_zps5fb4f5eb.jpg

Best regards to all,

Carlos

Congrats man. Im a fellow New Yorican here. I want to get the same upgrades you have....front window tints, crossbars, but kinda worried about getting stopped for the tints. How long did the tint job take? Is that percentage you have ok? I really like that blacked out look all over. Whats your experience with this? Can you recommend any places to do the tints and how much? Thanks. You're car is lookin real sharp. Here's is my explorer...looks like we're cousins lol.

D2B7-46D7-AD8D-990ABC2557ED-80169-00001F644D5DDED3.jpg

Congrats man. Im a fellow New Yorican here. I want to get the same upgrades you have....front window tints, crossbars, but kinda worried about getting stopped for the tints. How long did the tint job take? Is that percentage you have ok? I really like that blacked out look all over. Whats your experience with this? Can you recommend any places to do the tints and how much? Thanks. You're car is lookin real sharp. Here's is my explorer...looks like we're cousins lol.

D2B7-46D7-AD8D-990ABC2557ED-80169-00001F644D5DDED3.jpg

Thank Jc! As far as the tint (20%) I have never been stopped by the cops. In fact I have either stopped at many lights next to them or parked next to them in a few places and all they have said to me is " very nice Explorer". I think nowadays law enforcement are concern more about more important issues than window tint unless you are been pull over for reckless driving.
I think most places that install alarms, radios and other stuff for cars do very good window tint. I live in Queens so I have been going to the same store for over 15 years . I trust them and they do good a very good job and even though they have a small shop they have always been very careful with my Explorers and Expeditions. They know that if they even put a tiny scratch on my car they will never hear the end of it!!! Lol . My place is call, USS or Ultima Sound and Security. If you happened to be in Queens give them a call and try them out.

Thank Jc! As far as the tint (20%) I have never been stopped by the cops. In fact I have either stopped at many lights next to them or parked next to them in a few places and all they have said to me is " very nice Explorer". I think nowadays law enforcement are concern more about more important issues than window tint unless you are been pull over for reckless driving.
I think most places that install alarms, radios and other stuff for cars do very good window tint. I live in Queens so I have been going to the same store for over 15 years . I trust them and they do good a very good job and even though they have a small shop they have always been very careful with my Explorers and Expeditions. They know that if they even put a tiny scratch on my car they will never hear the end of it!!! Lol . My place is call, USS or Ultima Sound and Security. If you happened to be in Queens give them a call and try them out.

you're welcome. and ill try and check out that place when i get a chance. what will they charge me for tinting both windows? how are you liking this one compared to the one u just traded in? any difference?

Thinking about what mods i should get too. In this pic the front windows look tinted:
-AA63-458C-B103-BA3D2C307928-1011-00000080633F4E7E.jpg

oooh nice cars everybody! White is definitely a nice color, I hope I'm not regretting the black in the summer time out here when it reaches 115º outside, lol.

I can't wait to get mine now!!!

oooh nice cars everybody! White is definitely a nice color, I hope I'm not regretting the black in the summer time out here when it reaches 115º outside, lol.

I am in AZ and have worried about the same thing....Air cooled seats are going to make all the difference!

I am in AZ and have worried about the same thing....Air cooled seats are going to make all the difference!

Cooled seats are a must!!!

Thanks. Post pics:thumbsup:

I just ordered the OEM crossbars.....ill get that next week and see if it is easy to install. If not, ill have to take my ride to ford and have them do it. Next would be getting the front windows tinted....

Back