My 2013 Ford Explorer Sport was ordered today | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Ford Explorer Sport was ordered today

I have received very good news today from Crystal (Ford Rep here at the forum) concerning my order of the 2013 Explorer Sport. She wanted me to know that Ford has already issued a Vin# for my Explorer Sport and she was kind enough to send me the number. And this was done exactly a week after I ordered the car at the dealer.

I know it's just a vin# but is something that makes me feel good that my Sport is in the early stages of being produce even though I know that I will probably will be getting it sometime in February 2013.

!GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have received very good news today from Crystal (Ford Rep here at the forum) concerning my order of the 2013 Explorer Sport. She wanted me to know that Ford has already issued a Vin# for my Explorer Sport and she was kind enough to send me the number. And this was done exactly a week after I ordered the car at the dealer.
formI know it's just a vin# but is something that makes me feel good that my Sport is in the early stages of being produce even though I know that I will probably will be getting it sometime in February 2013.

!GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!

WOW! thats quick! Congratulations! I ordered mine on 12/6 and still no V.I.N.
Does anyone know the "Priority 22" means??? on the order form?

It means there is no hurry to build yours, your dealers other orders will be built first when the plant does the weekly scheduling. Your dealer sets the priority so I would talk to them. You want to have a priority 10 (the best/fastest) if you want it sooner. Your dealer also needs to have an allocation for an Explorer also, they can't just order as many as they want whenever they want. Here is the best possible scenario to get one the fastest (about 4-6 weeks from ordering).

Dealer has allocation for Explorer
Priority 10
Order Type: Retail

My LTD was ordered on 12/5 and got the VIN one week later. There is an ETA of 1/14, but not holding out hope!

It means there is no hurry to build yours, your dealers other orders will be built first when the plant does the weekly scheduling. Your dealer sets the priority so I would talk to them. You want to have a priority 10 (the best/fastest) if you want it sooner. Your dealer also needs to have an allocation for an Explorer also, they can't just order as many as they want whenever they want. Here is the best possible scenario to get one the fastest (about 4-6 weeks from ordering).

Priority 10

Thanks Riley for the info

Priority 10

Mine is Priority 11. How much of a wait is that then 10?

Ed

Mine was a priority 10. Maybe that's why I received my vin# so fast. But in any case I am willing to wait as long as it takes. I just hope that my sport comes exactly as I had ordered it.

Hey Zorro11,

Riley is exactly right. I know waiting is tough, but your new Explorer will be worth the wait!

...You want to have a priority 10 (the best/fastest) if you want it sooner. Your dealer also needs to have an allocation for an Explorer also, they can't just order as many as they want whenever they want...

Thanks for adding to the discussion, Riley!

Crystal

After serious consideration I made the decision today to go to my Ford Dealer and ordered my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport in White Platinum Tri-Coat with the Charcoal Black Sienna interior.

Equipment Group 402A
Adaptive Cruise Control
Trailer Tow Package
Dual Panel Moonroof (aka Panoramic Vista Roof)
Roof Cross Bars
Molded Splash Guards
Cargo Security Shade

As you may all know it will take from 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. My salesman Danny whom I have been doing business with him for the past 15 years told me that as soon as the dealer gets the vin# he will call me to give it to me and track the progress of the car. My dealer gave Ford " top priority" to get this car built ( whatever that meant) so it may be here in less time.

This was a difficult decision for me because as some of you know I am the proud owner of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited Fully loaded in white platinum Tri-coat which I purchased last year in September. It only has 9000 miles and when I took it to the dealer today the General Manager came out to look at the Explorer and he could not tell the difference between a 2013 limited and mine because it is in show room condition. They will definitely take mine back on a trade and put me on the 2013 Explorer Sport.

The are two features that the Explorer Limited has that the new Sport does not have not even as an option. The New 2013 Ford Explorer Sport does not come with "Power Fold " third row seats. They have to be manually folded. And the other feature not available is the "Park Assist" (not that I will need it to park my explorer) In fact I have that feature in my current Ford Explorer Limited and I have never even tried it. The power fold third row seats is something that I use but ill guess I will have to give that up for now. I think it will be offered on the 2014 model year or later on.

I will posting pictures of a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that I saw at the dealer today and also of my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited that I also took today.

Best regards to all and a Happy Holiday Season!!

Hey, NICE CHOICE!! You had a nice explorer man. I always came across yours while searching Explorers. Had a hard time deciding between white and black. I just got the 2013 Ford Explorer Sport. I live in NYC too. Maybe I'll see you on the road some time! Don't see many of us driving around.

-AA63-458C-B103-BA3D2C307928-1011-00000080633F4E7E.jpg
D2B7-46D7-AD8D-990ABC2557ED-80169-00001F644D5DDED3.jpg

Is there any way to know what priority I have based on my Window Sticker?

Answered my own question when I found my order sheet and I am Priority 10. Woohooo!

Nice, rellyrooly! For future reference, order priorities are not listed on the window sticker. The non-obvious numbers are internal factory codes.

Crystal

After serious consideration I made the decision today to go to my Ford Dealer and ordered my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport in White Platinum Tri-Coat with the Charcoal Black Sienna interior.

Equipment Group 402A
Adaptive Cruise Control
Trailer Tow Package
Dual Panel Moonroof (aka Panoramic Vista Roof)
Roof Cross Bars
Molded Splash Guards
Cargo Security Shade

As you may all know it will take from 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. My salesman Danny whom I have been doing business with him for the past 15 years told me that as soon as the dealer gets the vin# he will call me to give it to me and track the progress of the car. My dealer gave Ford " top priority" to get this car built ( whatever that meant) so it may be here in less time.

This was a difficult decision for me because as some of you know I am the proud owner of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited Fully loaded in white platinum Tri-coat which I purchased last year in September. It only has 9000 miles and when I took it to the dealer today the General Manager came out to look at the Explorer and he could not tell the difference
product specifications between a 2013 limited and mine because it is in show room condition. They will definitely take mine back on a trade and put me on the 2013 Explorer Sport.

The are two features that the Explorer Limited has that the new Sport does not have not even as an option. The New 2013 Ford Explorer Sport does not come with "Power Fold " third row seats. They have to be manually folded. And the other feature not available is the "Park Assist" (not that I will need it to park my explorer) In fact I have that feature in my current Ford Explorer Limited and I have never even tried it. The power fold third row seats is something that I use but ill guess I will have to give that up for now. I think it will be offered on the 2014 model year or later on.

I will posting pictures of a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport that I saw at the dealer today and also of my 2012 Ford Explorer Limited that I also took today.

Best regards to all and a Happy Holiday Season!!

First all of congrats man. You have used the car for a while and you must share brief review. It will help others and I am looking to purchase a new car

Back