• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Sport arrived

BrianT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
I have been reading this forum, since I placed my order from my 2013 Explorer Sport. Very interesting reading, I hope my MFT work's out OK.
I placed an order for a 2013 Explorer Sport White Platinum Tri-Coat c/w 400A Package, Nav, Moon Roof, Floor Mats with Black Sienna interior.
I had a great purchasing experience with the dealer, pricing was $500.00 below X-Plan + $2000.00 in incentives. ($1000.00 Costco + $1000.00 1st payments)
I placed my order on 31 Jan 2013, with a build date of 13 March, I got the call today 4 April that the Sport had arrived at the dealer and if I wanted I could pick it up tomorrow. Due to going out of town in the morning, I will not be able to pick it up until the 12th. I'm very excited.
This will be my 2rd Explorer, I had a 2003 Limited, when the lease ended I went to the Honda Ridgeline, A great midsize truck. But after having 3 of them, with no redesign by Honda, it was time to look for something else. As I was very happy with my 2003 explorer Limited, I walked back into a Ford Dealer.
I hope I will as happy with the 2013 Sport as I was with the 2003 Limited.

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck with the new sport. I hear there full of power! :)

I have been reading this forum, since I placed my order from my 2013 Explorer Sport. Very interesting reading, I hope my MFT work's out OK.
I placed an order for a 2013 Explorer Sport White Platinum Tri-Coat c/w 400A Package, Nav, Moon Roof, Floor Mats with Black Sienna interior.
I had a great purchasing experience with the dealer, pricing was $500.00 below X-Plan + $2000.00 in incentives. ($1000.00 Costco + $1000.00 1st payments)
I placed my order on 31 Jan 2013, with a build date of 13 March, I got the call today 4 April that the Sport had arrived at the dealer and if I wanted I could pick it up tomorrow. Due to going out of town in the morning, I will not be able to pick it up until the 12th. I'm very excited.
This will be my 2rd Explorer, I had a 2003 Limited, when the lease ended I went to the Honda Ridgeline, A great midsize truck. But after having 3 of them, with no redesign by Honda, it was time to look for something else. As I was very happy with my 2003 explorer Limited, I walked back into a Ford Dealer.
I hope I will as happy with the 2013 Sport as I was with the 2003 Limited.

Brian
Welcome to the Forum BrianT.:wavey:
When I first went inquiring about the new Explorer I went to Campbell Ford but eventually ended up getting it from Dupuis Ford/Lincoln in Casselman.
My post retirement contract work was coming to a close and I figured I didn't want to be driving into the city for servicing etc. My problem was that when I placed my order, there were no 2011 Explorers in the area at all. First vehicle I've ordered, sight unseen, so to speak, except for pictures.
Not at all disappointed.
Good luck.

Peter

Congrats. I am going to go out on a limb and say if you are comparing the 13 Sport to your 03 Limited, you are going to be extremely happy. We went from an 03 Mountaineer Premium, and the new car is worlds beyond the old.

Enjoy your new Sport!

Welcome to the Forum BrianT.:wavey:
When I first went inquiring about the new Explorer I went to Campbell Ford but eventually ended up getting it from Dupuis Ford/Lincoln in Casselman.
My post retirement contract work was coming to a close and I figured I didn't want to be driving into the city for servicing etc. My problem was that when I placed my order, there were no 2011 Explorers in the area at all. First vehicle I've ordered, sight unseen, so to speak, except for pictures.
Not at all disappointed.
Good luck.

Peter

Peter
Thanks for the welcome.

As I work in the East end of Ottawa, the closes dealer was Sterling Ford
about 10 mins from my office so I ended purchasing from them. Like you I purchase site unseen, have not even been on a test drive. I had already dealt with them in the past and doing this deal was very easy less than 10 mins from going in to signing the papers. As they did not ask for a deposit I did not leave one.
Looking forward to picking it up on Friday, also my Shark Fin antenna arrived yesterday.

Brian

Congrats. I am going to go out on a limb and say if you are comparing the 13 Sport to your 03 Limited, you are going to be extremely happy. We went from an 03 Mountaineer Premium, and the new car is worlds beyond the old.

Enjoy your new Sport!

Brian

No comparisons will be needed, just the looks of the 13 Sport say things are going to be better.
As I have said, I was happy with the 03 Limited, should be REAL happy with the Sport, I just hope MFT cooperates.

Brian

Crystal

I do not pick it up until Friday, and my computer is going in for a new hard drive tomorrow.
If I get my computer back on Friday, I will post some pics on Saturday.

Brian

Crystal

I do not pick it up until Friday, and my computer is going in for a new hard drive tomorrow.
If I get my computer back on Friday, I will post some pics on Saturday.

Brian

Awesome, Brian! I think we'll all be able to wait until then. :)

Crystal

Back