My 2022 Aviator order status and timeline | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2022 Aviator order status and timeline

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
Looks like things are beginning to move again at Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) where they build Explorers and Aviators.

I ordered a 2022 Aviator to replace my 2020 Explorer and thought I'd share my Aviator's timeline. I'm guessing I'll take delivery in October:

30-Mar-2021: Order placed at local Lincoln dealership
30-Mar-2021: Order confirmed via e-mail from Lincoln Motor Company
30-Jun-2021: Confirmed status -- In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Clean
29-Jul-2021: Scheduled for production week of 27-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
29-Jul-2021: Assigned VIN: 5LM5J7XC4NGLxxxxx
05-Aug-2021: Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like things are beginning to move again at Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) where they build Explorers and Aviators.

I ordered a 2022 Aviator to replace my 2020 Explorer and thought I'd share my Aviator's timeline. I'm guessing I'll take delivery in October:

05-Aug-2021: Production week changed to week of 06-Sep-2021 (e-mail from Lincoln)
We ordered an Aviator back in the beginning of November 2020 and have not been getting exact production dates from Lincoln at all. We have been told it is “in production” for over 6 months. We were ready to move on and get a different car when our dealership contacted Lincoln and now they say middle of September. How did you sign up for these emails? We have a VIN number.

We ordered an Aviator back in the beginning of November 2020 and have not been getting exact production dates from Lincoln at all. We have been told it is “in production” for over 6 months. We were ready to move on and get a different car when our dealership contacted Lincoln and now they say middle of September. How did you sign up for these emails? We have a VIN number.
To receive automatic e-mail updates, your Lincoln dealer must provide your personal e-mail address to Lincoln Motor Company. I'd suggest you make sure your dealer has your e-mail address and that they've supplied it to Lincoln Motor Company.

My dealer asked for my e-mail address and forwarded it to Lincoln when I placed my order for a new Aviator. I received my order-confirmation e-mail from Lincoln with hours of placing the order, so the system seems to work well.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you received any email from Lincoln at all? Have you created an account? https://owner.lincoln.com/
I don't know if you have all the required info to do that.

Peter

FWIW, thought I'd provide an update to my 2022 Aviator's timeline. Production is now scheduled for next Tuesday, and the window sticker is available. Here's a summary of what's happened since I placed the order last March:

31-Aug-2021: Production scheduled for 07-Sep-2021 (discovered at shop.lincoln.com/vehicle-order-tracking#/)
01-Sep-2021: Window sticker generated and available online

What color did you order?

So does it show built yet? Ours also pushed up a few weeks too.

I received an e-mail message from Lincoln Motor Company at 6:24 a.m. EDT today that announced my 2022 Aviator "has been built." This is the only e-mail I've received from Lincoln since August 5.

The Lincoln Order Tracking System now predicts delivery by October 15. Before today, the delivery date was October 9. In addition, the Order Tracking System says that my Aviator was In Production on 9/9/2021 and Built on 10/15/2021.

Don't know how they can say my Aviator "has been built" then specify a Built date that's in the future.

Haha well more info then some dealers would give out so there is that.

We ordered in Aug just got pushed up to OCt 4th build week and no estimated delivery date.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I just put an order in yesterday and I wondered what would happen with the microchip shortage. I also didn't know they built aviators in chicago.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. I just put an order in yesterday and I wondered what would happen with the microchip shortage. I also didn't know they built aviators in chicago.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Update: My 2022 Aviator arrived at my dealership yesterday (10/4). After dealer prep, I plan to take delivery tomorrow (10/6).

The Lincoln Order Tracking System milestone dates also updated upon arrival of Aviator. Here's what it says now:
  • Order Confirmed: 3/30/201
  • In Production: 9/9/2021
  • Built: 1/1/1980 (yes, more than 40 years ago)
  • Shipped: 9/19/202
  • Delivery: 10/4/2021
FWIW, here's a photo of my (very dirty) 2022 Aviator just after it was unloaded from the car carrier at the dealership:

2022 Aviator.jpg

Update: My 2022 Aviator arrived at my dealership yesterday (10/4). After dealer prep, I plan to take delivery tomorrow (10/6).

The Lincoln Order Tracking System milestone dates also updated upon arrival of Aviator. Here's what it says now:
  • Order Confirmed: 3/30/201
  • In Production: 9/9/2021
  • Built: 1/1/1980 (yes, more than 40 years ago)
  • Shipped: 9/19/202
  • Delivery: 10/4/2021
FWIW, here's a photo of my (very dirty) 2022 Aviator just after it was unloaded from the car carrier at the dealership:

View attachment 343044
How long did it take for the tracking site to update? I got an email awhile back stating this week should have been my build week andvthe window sticker shows a blend of 10/8. However there are no dates in the production and built status of the tracker.

How long did it take for the tracking site to update? I got an email awhile back stating this week should have been my build week andvthe window sticker shows a blend of 10/8. However there are no dates in the production and built status of the tracker.
I checked the Lincoln order tracking website as soon as I got home from checking out the new Aviator at my dealership on 10/4, and the status had changed to "Your vehicle has arrived at the dealership and should be ready for pick up in a few days." I'm sure I had checked status earlier that morning, so it appears the tracking site updated upon delivery of the vehicle.

BTW, I took delivery of my 2022 Aviator on Friday, 10/8. It was worth waiting 6+ months for this to happen, and was surprised the value of my 2020 Explorer trade-in increased by $5,625 during that time!

Back