My 2nd gen. Half doors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2nd gen. Half doors

one of them is welded up and the other one is ready to go. My friend who's helping me just got a new welder that is specially made for sheet metal, for the purpose of making half doors for people. I'm down at school right now and the cameras at home :banghead:. SO Ill see if someone can send me pictures and I will post them up!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

subscribing, i like what im seein

Is there a reason you choose to not cut out more? I figured if I was cutting I might as well really cut. And I put in a cupholder, cause thats always useful.

DSC_0192.jpg

It's... it's beautiful man...

Is there a reason you choose to not cut out more? I figured if I was cutting I might as well really cut. And I put in a cupholder, cause thats always useful.

I think he wanted to be able to use the stock interior door latch, so he just cut down to the top of that. I like the drink holder idea.

Exactly little x. I cut them where they are so i can just use the inner door latch and the height is cut just about seat level so it makes a perfect armrest too :D And i dont really like the cupholder idea.... why not just use the cupholders in the console. and if youre wheelin the drink will just fall out. plus they just looke better smooth.

DSC_0192.jpg
You got enough limestone there to hide a body lol

Most likely will be going home this coming weekend and HOPEFULLY get some work done :hammer: but i will get some new pictures up. :thumbsup:

Any updates yet??

ok sorry about the wait everyone... I am ACTUALLY going to be home this weekend starting tonight. I will post some new pictures tomorrow and most likely get some work done on them as well

ok sorry about the wait everyone... I am actually going to be home this weekend starting tonight. I will post some new pictures tomorrow and most likely get some work done on them as well

more!:d

ok its been a while and I now have new pictures! finally...sorry about the wait...

ok so one of the doors is capped but still needs to be cut above where the mirror goes. it also need some finish welding and alot more grinding.

P1020635.jpg

P1020636.jpg

P1020637.jpg

P1020638.jpg

And the other one is completely cut and has the angle iron in place just need the caps and grinding before bondo and paint.

P1020639.jpg

P1020641.jpg

let me know what you think!

I don't see a drink holder :nono:

looks good... can't wait to see them finished... I'm hopeing to do almost the same thing..

I don't see a drink holder :nono:

haha the drink holders are in the center console :cool:

edit: also I cant decide how I'm going to paint them yet. Part of me wants to do them white at maaco and the other part of me wants to do bedliner... any thoughts?

I would go get some touch up spray paint cans down at the auto parts store to match your paint, and do your best. There going to end up dented and scratched anyway:rolleyes:

yeah i was thinking about doing that. it would be a lot cheaper thats for sure. plus i could still do a clear coat and white is pretty easy to match :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! Looks like this thread is a little old, you get them on? I mean, you had allll summer ;)

Back