My 347 is dissappointing.What gives? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 347 is dissappointing.What gives?

Originally posted by X-Box
Hey,
I'm formally "Dominicnyc", I changed the name 'cause it was too boring, kinda like the way my trucks runnin':D

Who's the others?
Hahaha, thats pretty funny, the others' I was thinking of was Dominicnyc, I was about to tell you also to search for "Dominicnyc" b/c he had the same mods as you:confused: and lived in good ol' stuck up Boca too. Where do you live around, I live in Royal Palm Yacht Club (most snobbiest people I've ever met, the kid across from me drives a CL500 and he's only 16)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

don't beleave the hype.

Keep your stock gt-40 style intake, they flow fine, i would recommend porting it. (i run the x intake on my mustang w/windsor Jr heads/x-cam=12.1@110mph). upgrade mas air/t-body/inlet elbow and open up your exhust. get custom long tube headers (if your not running the frpp), custon h-pipe for true duals. this will wake that 347 up considerably. the e-303 with 1.7 roller rockers will run considerable well givin the need for low end power in a xplorer.

bty-you could make similiar hp numbers with the gt-40p heads and a valve job. Do you still have them, want to sell them? (iron heads make more power than aluminum, because the retain heat!)

hey dom how much have you spent for all your upgrades so far? anything with the suspension yet? anything planned? well i was saying before that maybe as soon as december i would be starting my 347 project for mine also. but i got extended to another country over where i am at so i will be about another month or so. i figure in about mid january or so. but a cool thing is now i will have about $3000 more to spend on it up front on top of the other fundage i had set aside. good luck with the truck man. i am hoping i wont run into those same misfortunes when i do mine but i expect everyone runs into a few hiccups on the road to higher horsepower.

Hey Rocket,

PLAN!... Think out the project first. Everything counts. MAS, cam, injectors, etc. It takes a lot of dough to get reliable high Hp. I'm going to have 450hp (flywheel) in a week or two. The more horsepower the more money. Every little thing starts to come into play. An Explorer was never desighed to produce that kind of HP. When this is all said and done I'll have somewhere around $9K in parts and labor. It could go higher if I change the computer and do the trans upgrade( we will see how long it lasts!). Just don't go thinking you can spend $3K and make it run 12 sec quarters. Good luck on your build up and watch for the new power figures. Dom

naaaaaaaaah man

hey dom i think you misunderstood. i meant i will have $3000 more on top of the $8000 for my project. i would just be plain foolish to think i could get all that i want done for just $3000. yeah i have been planning this for about 8 months now. and is why i come here to ask you and others who have done this similar thing to their explorers and mustangs. all that is really left to be done is to get back and order all my parts and put it all together. hehe wow i just made it seem like that last sentence would be the easy part. lol. yeah right. i still have not decided from what maker i am going to get my engine from...........FMS, coast high, fox lake, panhandle performance or what. anyways man good luck on the cam and stuff.

Back