My 4WD light is blinking 6 times on a 97 Explorer Sport. What is this trouble code? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 4WD light is blinking 6 times on a 97 Explorer Sport. What is this trouble code?

razor410

Reaction score
City, State
arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 ford explorer sport
Help Please!! have a explorer sport w/control trac. My 4wd & 4wd/low lights
are starting to blink 6 times. goes off for ten minutes and blink again. Any one know what this means and is it anything serious?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to a reputable shop that can read the codes associated with the 4wd/tranny. Most DIY OBDII readers cannot read those codes.

Ditto. Without the code, it's a guessingg ame at best. 6 blinks means nothing more than there is a problem and the code has been stored. Standard code readers (like the freebie AutoZone uses) will not be able to retreive the code.

Same problem

I have a 2004 ford Explorer with 105,000 on it. 2 days ago after having to make a sharp turn to avoid an accident my 4x4HIGH light started blinking on my dash. At first it blinked only 4 times. then it started blinking 8 times every 2 minutes. (a couple of time it blink 10 times) But mostly 8 now. There is so much info on it that it could be a cheap modular fix or an expensive transfer case fix????? I did have my local mechanic try and check it but his computer can not read the codes, it keeps coming up with reading errors. I called the local Ford dealer and they stated that it MYA or MAY NOT give them the eroor code for the blinking light. I also found that my vehicle is going into 4x4 LOW and disengaging to 4x4 Auyto but it appears it will not go into 4x4 high and that is the light that is blinking. anybody got any ideas, I could sure use some advise before I take it to a FORD dealer and pay a fortune to get it fixed because most of them want to replace everything until they find the problem and then your stuck with a very large bill.

help!!!!!! PLEASE, Don email: sgtdsb@roadrunner.com

Back