stylin99

Reaction score
City, State
Gastonia, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 5.0 Coyote Adrenalin
old thread. delete

newpowerplant50.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Watching..........

This is what Ford should have put in Sport Tracs/Rangers instead of killing them off.:thumbsup:

That is a beautiful beast!

How much did you snag it for? (If you dont mind me askin')

thats new out the box? looks great :thumbsup:

Excited to see progress. Good luck. Hopefully everything goes easier than with the 5.4.

THAT will be a fun project. Getting a 2006 designed electrical architecture to work with a 2011. Nothing is impossible, but be ready for some cussing!!!

BTW - what transmission is that? Does not look to be the TR6060 For some reason I thought that was the 6-speed in the newer mustangs.

Also, for your 5.4L swap, did you do all at once - engine and supercharger or did you get engine in first, feel it was not enough and then add supercharger? I am trying to determine if I put a Saleen blower on my 4.6L or go to a 5.4L NA. Wondered how the drivability was with just the 5.4L.

As for fuel - these things just plain suck! I get 16MPG in my AWD 4.6L driving it like a granny with probably 70% highway. No idea how to get close to the 19MPG highway sticker. Same routes, my 2005 Ranger got 17.5 relative to the 18HGWY sticker. Oh well. I see it has gone down to $4.00 a gallon...

Good luck with the Coyote. Will love to see a Manual trans in this thing!

Quite simply, wow. That coyote looks pretty nice too.

THAT will be a fun project. Getting a 2006 designed electrical architecture to work with a 2011. Nothing is impossible, but be ready for some cussing!!!

BTW - what transmission is that? Does not look to be the TR6060 For some reason I thought that was the 6-speed in the newer mustangs.

Also, for your 5.4L swap, did you do all at once - engine and supercharger or did you get engine in first, feel it was not enough and then add supercharger? I am trying to determine if I put a Saleen blower on my 4.6L or go to a 5.4L NA. Wondered how the drivability was with just the 5.4L.

As for fuel - these things just plain suck! I get 16MPG in my AWD 4.6L driving it like a granny with probably 70% highway. No idea how to get close to the 19MPG highway sticker. Same routes, my 2005 Ranger got 17.5 relative to the 18HGWY sticker. Oh well. I see it has gone down to $4.00 a gallon...

Good luck with the Coyote. Will love to see a Manual trans in this thing!

I drive up and down hills and no highway and get 17.5-18 mpg. Here is the secret you can't really ever go over 2000 rpm it's tough trust me. I got 21 mpg going to Tennesse last month at 70 to 80 mph. What eats gas in these trucks is hard accelaration. I also coast down hills and don't touch the gas. Try this when you fill up make sure to leave the mpg showing on the guage cluster and whatch it while you drive this will help you adjust your driving. And see what works to save gas.

On another note Stylin I think this is a better fit for our trucks to be honest. Also you have to change your license plate now :)

I drive up and down hills and no highway and get 17.5-18 mpg. Here is the secret you can't really ever go over 2000 rpm it's tough trust me. I got 21 mpg going to Tennesse last month at 70 to 80 mph. What eats gas in these trucks is hard accelaration.

I have slightly larger tires (265/70r16 AT) but I seriously don't know how you are getting 17-18 on city driving, I baby mine around town and only get around 13 in the city. I rarely go over 2500 rpm and can't see how you don't get run over when you accelerate under 2k rpm (that is a very EASY and SLOW acceleration!). but more power to ya, I wish mine got that kinda mileage.
(sry for the off topic)

...but I'm excited to see what this 5.0 project is gonna look like, I know that 5.4 looked badass, its a shame it didn't work out

did u get this engine from a new 11 gt or wrecked gt or what. but keep up the good work

I have slightly larger tires (265/70r16 AT) but I seriously don't know how you are getting 17-18 on city driving, I baby mine around town and only get around 13 in the city. I rarely go over 2500 rpm and can't see how you don't get run over when you accelerate under 2k rpm (that is a very EASY and SLOW acceleration!). but more power to ya, I wish mine got that kinda mileage.
(sry for the off topic)

...but I'm excited to see what this 5.0 project is gonna look like, I know that 5.4 looked badass, its a shame it didn't work out

I don't drive in city It's country no stop and go and I drive 45 to 50 mph.

Damn! I would love to make my 4th Gen a stick! Always planned on dropping a V8 in it someday but thought making it a stick would be a pain in the ass. We'll see how yours goes. Watching every post of this thread!

Damn! I would love to make my 4th Gen a stick! Always planned on dropping a V8 in it someday but thought making it a stick would be a pain in the ass. We'll see how yours goes. Watching every post of this thread!
Seems like it would be easier to change the transmission to a stick than to swap out a V6 to a V8.
I do have to say that a V8 and the auto 6spd is really fun and economical. I would love to drive a Sport Trac with a V8 and stick. But I would not purchase it.

WOW!!! I can't WAIT to see this finished!!!

These new motors have A LOT of potential. It's crazy that from just a tune change, you can make it sound like it has BIG cams:D What mods will you do to the motor?? CAI/Boss Intake/exhaust and custom tune? Surprised you are going with a manual, the new 6-speed autos seem to be very popular and very strong???

Good luck and I will live my dreams through you:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back