5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, just flipping WOW!!!!!!

What's the exhaust setup going to consist of? What are the plans for the ride(drag/road course/DD?) Also, what shop do you work at again???

Where can I buy one!!! :D:D Hahaha I'd just be happy with a supercharger. Great work stylin99!! :burnout:

Wow, just flipping WOW!!!!!!

What's the exhaust setup going to consist of? What are the plans for the ride(drag/road course/DD?) Also, what shop do you work at again???

3" Offroad H-pipe, no cats, into dual 50 series Flowmasters with some custom tips. True dual exhaust all the way!

Eh... Its just a 5.0l in an Explorer.;)

:eek:

Nice job man.

Thanks Guys. Its been a long journey to get this thing ironed out, and I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Depends on what you're talking about when you say "big". Do you mean tall? Wide? Deep? Depth? Overall its the same size as a 4v Cobra 4.6 engine, with many differences all around it.

The old 260, 289, 302 and 351 shared a common block size, the bore and stroke changed. Different parts will change outer dimensions a bit - oil pans, heads, manifolds, etc,,.

Got the exhaust all wrapped up. Here's a shot of the custom oval tips I ordered from Pypes. Pricey but worth it.Exhaust now goes through dual 3" 50 series Flowmasters, true duals all the way out the new tips.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 4,138
  • pypestips.jpg
    pypestips.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 3,699

Got the exhaust all wrapped up. Here's a shot of the custom oval tips I ordered from Pypes. Pricey but worth it.Exhaust now goes through dual 3" 50 series Flowmasters, true duals all the way out the new tips.

Awesome bro! Looks very well fresh and clean. Can't wait to hear a clip of you driving it from the inside and out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

subscribing for power numbers :)

I really would like to hear this! My surround sound is standing by for duty...

I'm guessing you'll push about 390hp, 370lb tq at the rear wheels...

Well the final results are in for the dyno. Made 414 rwhp 414 rwtq. That was definitely higher than I expected. That's with just a custom cold air intake, custom dual exhaust, and a good tune.

The truck is a screamer now, and I'm still trying to get used to the high rpm sound. It's a little strange to hear a Mustang screaming at 7000 rpm with the rear sliding glass down and the exhaust tone filling up the cabin, when you're driving an Explorer. It's awesome to say the least. Definitely getting some looks from people as the truck pulls up to a stoplight.

Ausome glad to see it come out good. One question how and why are you using two pcm's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The old 260, 289, 302 and 351 shared a common block size, the bore and stroke changed. Different parts will change outer dimensions a bit - oil pans, heads, manifolds, etc,,.

Even though the Coyote is a 302 it's a completely new beast from the old 302s though. So the size could vary quite a bit, and it sounds like it does.

Back