5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

I would think the pedals from a Ranger would work since the Sport Trac and Explorer are both based on that truck. At any rate, great job on bringing your dream to reality. It is exactly the way I would want my Sport Trac to be.

The '02+ Explorers and '07+ Sport Tracs were not based of the Ranger plateform if I'm not mistaken. That's not to say that the pedals couldn't be retrofitted though.

I'm going to guess that you snagged the pedals from a 3rd gen Explorer that had a manual trans...

Lastly, I call BS on burnouts since there isn't a video or any pictures:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stylin, are you planning on offering this conversion as a service thru your company? If not i don't understand why you are keeping parts of this conversion secret on a public forum... things like that don't really make sense to me. You want to show off your skill but not share in the community to assist other readers in learning what you know.

But again if you are going to offer this conversion as a package or service it makes sense obviously.

On another note amazing work and results! I'd love to see details on how you routed the 3" duals thru the IRS, among any other technical details you want to share!

Stylin, are you planning on offering this conversion as a service thru your company? If not i don't understand why you are keeping parts of this conversion secret on a public forum... things like that don't really make sense to me. You want to show off your skill but not share in the community to assist other readers in learning what you know.

But again if you are going to offer this conversion as a package or service it makes sense obviously.

On another note amazing work and results! I'd love to see details on how you routed the 3" duals thru the IRS, among any other technical details you want to share!

My guess is that his Sport Trac is most likely being put in a magazine and there is a possible writeup of the conversion. If so, then mags usually want the owners to stay a little quiet until the mag hits the stands and then people like the OP can get more detailed. I could be wrong, but if I am right, it does suck but will be worth it in the end;)

Way TOO Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we do plan to offer this as a package, so I can't divulge all the details or rival shops will steal the ideas before I get it launched. Still have a few small bugs to work out to make it a turn key package.

And yes, Go Pro videos coming SOON! It's 105 degrees outside this weekend, so its going to have to wait another week until its more comfortable.

Yes we do plan to offer this as a package, so I can't divulge all the details or rival shops will steal the ideas before I get it launched. Still have a few small bugs to work out to make it a turn key package.

And yes, Go Pro videos coming SOON! It's 105 degrees outside this weekend, so its going to have to wait another week until its more comfortable.

It has been the same temp out here as well. Driving home after work, the outside temp read 110 degrees all the way home(25 miles). I am doing a 60 mile bike ride tomorrow and it's supposed to be 100 degrees out:salute:

The hood for your engine is making me drool hahaha, what is it from?

The '02+ Explorers and '07+ Sport Tracs were not based of the Ranger plateform if I'm not mistaken. That's not to say that the pedals couldn't be retrofitted though.

I'm going to guess that you snagged the pedals from a 3rd gen Explorer that had a manual trans...

Lastly, I call BS on burnouts since there isn't a video or any pictures:D

Ford sold Explorers in 2002, 2003 and possibly 2004 with 5 speed manual tranny's. I just looked on autotrader.com and there are 52 of them right now for sale. These are the same structure and frame as the 2nd gen Sport Trac's. It would be easy to use the pedal assembly from one of these.

Ford sold Explorers in 2002, 2003 and possibly 2004 with 5 speed manual tranny's. I just looked on autotrader.com and there are 52 of them right now for sale. These are the same structure and frame as the 2nd gen Sport Trac's. It would be easy to use the pedal assembly from one of these.

It isnt that easy though, the OP stated that he had to use the gas pedal from the ford racing wiring kit and fab clutch and brake pedals to work with that

I will say that there was no easy plug and play option for the pedals. I'm actually still trying to improve it, especially the way the brake and clutch sensors mount up. Still a work in progress there.

The cowl hood is a custom one-off piece we had created by a local shop.

BS!! 2nd gen Sport Tracs are based off the 4th gen Explorer, not 3rd gen..

^Haha yep. So do I even want to know how much this kit is going to cost or should I just shoot myself in the head right now?

Okay, folks, here's a little Go Pro video from inside the cabin driving the truck around. Should have some better videos coming soon.

^Haha yep. So do I even want to know how much this kit is going to cost or should I just shoot myself in the head right now?

Turnkey swap with all labor and parts about $22k-26k depending on options.

Only 2002 4drs had manuals available in 3rd gens. or after. The people are terrible at getting the correct information entered on the used car sites. There are tons of cars listed as having manual transmissions when they don't. You have to directly contact them and confirm it. Or if they have interior pictures that helps.

Okay, folks, here's a little Go Pro video from inside the cabin driving the truck around. Should have some better videos coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aj7xTwLr6Y

Turnkey swap with all labor and parts about $22k-26k depending on options.

That is so sick! I can only imagine how awesome it must be to a have a manual with the 5.0 in a 4th gen Explorer. Just too cool. I wish I was loaded. :D

A few pics of the Coyote Adrenalin with the new hood and badges.

12shoot2.jpg

12shoot5.jpg

12shoot4.jpg

5.0-almost-finished_bbsize.jpg

Sooooo fine!!!!

You really did a great job with this swap. Another one of those "Ford Should have done it" builds.

Congrats!!:chug:

Sweet! Any chance of taking it to the track to get some #'s?

Waiting on it to stop raining every evening here in the south. Shooting for Friday night if the weather holds off.

Sooooo fine!!!!
You really did a great job with this swap. Another one of those "Ford Should have done it" builds.
Congrats!!:chug:
Thanks Rick!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is one bad ass ride you got there.

Back