5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Coyote Adrenalin engine swap

@styllin99 .......What's kind of mpg's are you getting?

17 mpg as long as I keep my foot out of it (which is tough considering whats under the hood).:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would this be a possible swap in and older explorer say a 93

my coyote engine swap

Neat idea i am wanting to purchase a sport trac and do this also. I would like to monitor this to see how it comes out hope that is okay looking forward to your project. Thanks:usa::usa:

A few pics of the Coyote Adrenalin with the new hood and badges.

12shoot2.jpg

12shoot5.jpg

12shoot4.jpg

5.0-almost-finished_bbsize.jpg

Really nice job. I am not a big fan of street trucks, but I would park this in my garage. Hard to make a red, hot-rod look understated, but you pulled it off. Almost a sleeper, but with just enough outside modifications to let everyone know this is something special.
Again, nice job.

i really want to build one still after all this time, does all the AC and PS work still well including abs and cluster stuff.

Yes, all of those things still work. Only thing that doesn't work is the Traction Control, because of the manual transmission.

I need to see this in person. I just moved to Charlotte so I am not far... Such a good looking machine...

You sparked a fire in me that I can't get rid of...

Ever since seeing your videos I have followed your threads and pictures to the point that I can't get your Torch Red Sport Trac Coyote Adrenalin out of my mind; I have night mares(good ones) that occupy my mind daily. It's become an obsession!!!! thanks

:usa:

Rich Shamory
southern Michigan

You should get Tuned on the Drive Network (it's on Youtube) to do an episode on this beauty. That would be amazing.

A couple new pics of the 2014 Roush wheels I put on the Coyote Adrenalin this week. They are 1/2" wider as well for a little more bite.

Attachments

• roushwheels1.jpg
    roushwheels1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,963
  • roushwheels2.jpg
    roushwheels2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,722

They look good but where did the custom hood go?

They look good but where did the custom hood go?
It was too heavy (75#) so it got sold to another Adrenalin owner. It looked awesome, but defeated the purpose of a "performance" truck.

It was too heavy (75#) so it got sold to another Adrenalin owner. It looked awesome, but defeated the purpose of a "performance" truck.

Makes sense, thats a pretty heavy hood, sucks cause it looked good. I hate that nobody makes custom hoods for the explorer or ST

Makes sense, thats a pretty heavy hood, sucks cause it looked good. I hate that nobody makes custom hoods for the explorer or ST

Agreed!

OP - Slight drop and tint the front window's 20%!!!

Man, that looks great! I say don't tint it (of course that's up to you)!

We're trying to figure out how to drop this truck without changing the suspension geometry, and the ride quality. It definitely needs to come down a couple inches. It's a fairly complex setup, so I can understand why no one wants to make a kit for it.

The Sport Trac is based off the 4th gen Explorer chassis correct? I do realize it was slightly redesigned compared to the 3rd gen, but it should be the same more or less? I actually cut about 1-1/2" coils off mine when I put new shocks on and it dropped it about 3/4-1" all around. Ride quality is great, if not better and I too am running 20's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good!

New wheels look great! Would you be interested in selling the factory ones you removed?

Back