My 5.0 has an exhaust leak on the passenger's side. Thinking about getting headers. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 5.0 has an exhaust leak on the passenger's side. Thinking about getting headers.

rs2k

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
What kind of difference will headers make, what kind should I look for? Can an engine with 120K take any modifications without killing itself?

Thanks!

They all do. :)

Some are the egr tube, some are a cracked header. Use the search button up top. There are TONS of great threads on here about the 5.0 exhaust.

This is my third Ford truck with a v8. My first was a 351 windsor in an F250. It had a leak on the rear passenger side manifold. My second truck was an F350 with a 460. It also had a leak in the same spot. While I haven't dug into this 5.0 too deeply yet, I'm pretty sure the sound is also comping from the passenger side rear manifold.

I don't mind the noise. It seems to be a Ford noise. It just gives me an excuse to do an upgrade. :D

It's a good upgrade. The 5.0 really comes alive with the headers, and the TMs are really well designed.

Back