My 92 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 92 Sport

dislexiclawyer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Well I am new here so I thought I would start off by posting up my truck. It is a 92 Sport and I have had it for about 3 years. Since I have had it I have done a few things to it. A few of the "mods" include window vent visors,removed the bug deflector, removed running boards, billet grille, clear corner lights, driving lights in the bumper. It seems like I have done a lot more work on this thing, it is probably because stuff keeps breaking :rolleyes:

Some stuff I have planed for the future include repainting pretty much everything black on it. The rear bumper is rusting some, and the wipers all need to be repainted. The front bumper has white specs all over it and I don't know why. And the black trim pieces need some freshening up. All in all I have grown attached to this truck. But hopefully in the near future I will be able to afford the Marauder I have always wanted :D

Now the pics! These first 2 are what it looked like soon after I got it.
explorer1.jpg

explorer6.jpg

Here it is now: I need to get it washed up and get some good pictures.
DSC01786.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...welcome here and nice sport...:D

They look good dirty too. Nice Sport

Well I washed the X today for the first time in a while actually :p: so I thought I would share some pictures.
DSC01883.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

Well I thought I would update this post with some new stuff I have done. Most notable is the 1.5" lift and 31" Kumho tires. I have also re-painted the black pillar trim pieces, and added new clear headlights.

I think next on my list of stuff to do is paint my bumpers with some truck bed coating. I think I will also do the quarters and possibly the black trim around the wheel wells. I also need to re-paint my side mirrors, they are all torn up from 16 years of driving :rolleyes: I think now that I have washed it, I need to get out and get it filthy :p:

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

One of the nicest/cleanest and dent free Explorer's I've seen in awhile.

Is that the original paint on it? Still shines really well, whoever had it before you must've taken super care of that thing.

welcome to the forum ...wow it's about time i saw a pre-view of my truck with all the stuff i want to put on mine :D... you did about every thing i have thought about and to see a sport in my color paint .....looks good :thumbsup:

One of the nicest/cleanest and dent free Explorer's I've seen in awhile.

Is that the original paint on it? Still shines really well, whoever had it before you must've taken super care of that thing.
Thanks, I try and take good care of it. There are a couple small hail dents in the hood, but overall it is in pretty good shape.I am pretty sure that the paint isn't original. It looks pretty good, but I don't think it was done properly. There are a few areas that I don't think should have been painted, like the bumper strips on the roof.

thats cool i also just got a white 92 sport from my mom i got a 2 inch lift kit coming and 31 super swamper ssr. 3 years till i can drive it though :(

Time for another update I suppose. Well if you take a look at the older pictures you can see some rust peeking out below the plastic top of the rear bumper. The front bumper also had a bunch of white specks on it and a small amount of rust. So I decided I would finally get around to re-finishing the bumpers with bed liner. I also had decided that I wanted to do the rocker panels as well, and with winter coming up I figured what better time than now.

I did the bumpers with roll on Dupli-color bed liner, and I did the rockers, door jambs, and the hub covers on my wheels with Dupli-color's spray on bed liner. The reason I did the hubs was because I was at the car wash the other day and when I was washing my wheels the chrome coating came off. So I decided to go ahead and strip the coating off all of them and hit them with some left over liner.

I think my next project will be to paint my side mirrors. I also kind of want to do the wheel well trim and rear bumper plastic in bed liner. While I am doing that I may have to do the front bumper plastic as well. I also want a new muffler and dual exhaust. Oh the sickness worsens :D

On to the pics! If you guys want more I can get some, I really should have taken some while in the process of all this, but my camera's batteries wouldn't hold a charge.

The rear bumper
DSC02063.jpg

Rocker panel
DSC02058.jpg

Door jamb
DSC02062.jpg

i cant remember the last time i had rust free rocker panels, when i first bought it i think they were cancer free. now, blah. looks like a shark grabbed hold of my truck and took out a few bites. when they are fixed.. the entire rocker up to the door sill is getting bedlined. just so it never happens again.

nice truck, btw.

Awesome truck. Do you have any interior pics?
Thanks, I have one from about 4 years ago. I guess I could take some updated ones tomorrow, weather permitting. I need to re-upholster my headliner though, and I am afraid if I remove it that it will crumble apart.

Im just curious with a billit grill like that how do you open your hood ?

hey let me ask a question ....where did you buy those clear side marker lamps? i looked at lmc.com and they don't carry them only the clear front turn signal lamps .

hey let me ask a question ....where did you buy those clear side marker lamps? i looked at lmc.com and they don't carry them only the clear front turn signal lamps .

I got them off of eBay. I have a spare set of the turn signal housing and corner reflector sitting unused in the garage if you are interested.

the stock ones ? or clear?

the stock ones ? or clear?
Clear ones, I will PM you about it.

Well the weather was good today so I snapped a few quick shots. First is a close up of the front bumper. And the rest are of the interior, I think I should have used more flash.

DSC02064.jpg

DSC02068.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful interior. Thanks for the glimpse. Just one question about the molding. Where is the orange stripe? Was it painted over or did this one come without it?

Back