my 93 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 93 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good! and no doors, nice work

Nice Sport....keep up the good work!! I see you have a 3 leaf rear spring..My 95 sport has a single. :rolleyes: ...I have to find a leaf pack like that for mine! :D

Have you removed your front and rear sway bar yet when you're offroad? I completely removed my rear one (didn't notice any difference b/c I have AAL's) and made disconnects (used home depot parts = $5) and it'll flex a bit better. What did you do to remove the doors? Just unbolt the doors, hinges and all, from the truck? What about the wiring for the speakers, etc? Let me know. BTW, it looks great! This coming spring, I plan on taking off my doors (I'll have my 37s/d44/9"/ARBs/snorkel/etc) so it's gonna be fun offroad. I don't think I've ever seen a near stock (lift wise) with the doors off. Looks awesome IMO! :D

bmxking5 said:
Have you removed your front and rear sway bar yet when you're offroad? I completely removed my rear one (didn't notice any difference b/c I have AAL's) and made disconnects (used home depot parts = $5) and it'll flex a bit better. What did you do to remove the doors? Just unbolt the doors, hinges and all, from the truck? What about the wiring for the speakers, etc? Let me know. BTW, it looks great! This coming spring, I plan on taking off my doors (I'll have my 37s/d44/9"/ARBs/snorkel/etc) so it's gonna be fun offroad. I don't think I've ever seen a near stock (lift wise) with the doors off. Looks awesome IMO! :D

ya my rear sway bar is still on but no frunt. it has a 2" lift but i havent gotin new shocks yet so that is limiting the flex the doors i just left the hingis on for a foot rest and just un pluged tha harness. the doors are back on now for winter :(

BigDakota said:
Nice Sport....keep up the good work!! I see you have a 3 leaf rear spring..My 95 sport has a single. :rolleyes: ...I have to find a leaf pack like that for mine! :D

it had 2 leaf the 3rd is the AAD

im glad every one likes it so fare thanks :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Oh ok, thanks. So there are plugs on both the passenger and driver side?

BTW, I'd definitely recommend taking off the rear sway bar then. You'll get some more flex, and you can use all the flex you can get when you have those stiff AAL's. Once again, nice truck. :thumbsup:

i will do that when i go wheeling this month with my new manual hubs :)

Back