My 94 Explorer runs rough with a lack of power. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 94 Explorer runs rough with a lack of power.

JHeath123

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Station, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
A non-led related question to the TCC. I been chasing problems with this 1994 Explorer I bought used. Runs sluggish slight miss, revs up well and little to no miss while in park or neutral. When placed into gear and driven seems to have no power, almost certain the right hill I may not make it up and I mean streets not off road. Have hooked a computer up to it after doing a tune up plugs wires etc. Several codes came up and i replaced the oxygen sensors, coolant temp sensor, tps, catalitic converter. All those codes are clear although the oxy sensors still come up. Runs a lot better but still sluggish on take off and now a TCC code comes up and still has slow take off and while switching gears it winds up a little almost like pushing in the clutch and not letting off the gas in a manual. I heard that you can unplug the TCC, could this be the problem to my slow sluggish take offs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now I'm interested;

Why and how to adjust the kickdown cable?

Try a fuel filter , every ford we ever had would always run fine but then sputter and have lack of power in drive simply due to the fuel filter.

Thanks SavaX :)

Back