My 95 Ranger keep blowing the # 24 fuse. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 95 Ranger keep blowing the # 24 fuse.

CurtisG

Reaction score
City, State
Searcy,Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Ranger
Hi guys,I hope someone can help.I have a 95 ranger that keeps blowing fuse 24 everytime we turn the key to start it.I changed out the seloniod,didn't change problem.We just bought it about a week ago and it did it once at my wifes work,I changed out the fuse and it worked for a few days.And now it blows it everytime,has anyone seen this problem before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...#24 fuse is for starter relay and if equipped, anti theft...

...I haven't dealt with this problem myself before, but I would start with an electrical wiring inspection from the starter out..It could be anywhere from the steering column to the starter itself...:dunno:

Thanks i appreciate that.

...#24 fuse is for starter relay and if equipped, anti theft...

...I haven't dealt with this problem myself before, but I would start with an electrical wiring inspection from the starter out..It could be anywhere from the steering column to the starter itself...:dunno:
Hi guys,I hope someone can help.I have a 95 ranger that keeps blowing fuse 24 everytime we turn the key to start it.I changed out the seloniod,didn't change problem.We just bought it about a week ago and it did it once at my wifes work,I changed out the fuse and it worked for a few days.And now it blows it everytime,has anyone seen this problem before?
I have the same issue on a 95 ranger

I have the same issue on a 95 ranger
this is a bandaid, but can you put a higher amp fuse in? i know theyre supposed to be the weak point, but if its a 10 for exmaple, wpnder if a 15 will kill anything

this is a bandaid, but can you put a higher amp fuse in? i know theyre supposed to be the weak point, but if its a 10 for exmaple, wpnder if a 15 will kill anything
lol i have used number10 copper as a fuse and still nothing

On these trucks is there a relay that triggers the solenoid on the apron that triggers the solenoid on the starter. It's probably one of those components.

Back