My 97 ex: LETS GO! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 97 ex: LETS GO!

hey everyone. my names rich and i inherited my dads 1997 explorer xlt. I am really excited for it to finally be mine. Ive got around 180,000 miles on it but still runs great. Its my daily driver and i put a ton of miles on it. I was wondering if there was anyone from new york here. especially long island! Ive found a bunch of my friends who seem to have everything but explorers. Just hoping to see some other explorer enthusiasts near me. I know of some people who are explorer enthusiasts near me, but always looking for more!
Thanks-Rich

Currently

Suspension:
PA 883 Performance Accessories 3inch body lift
Jeggs 15x8 D-Windows
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's

Body/ Lighting
Re painted:
grill
pillars
bumpers
Euro Lens Headlights
8inch LED Pods
HID 10,000k headlights

BODY LIFT DONE/

Sorry guys, I have no picks of the process. I was soo in to doing the lift i forgot. I had my two friends help me since i am still a noob haha. But anyways, the lift went great. Got all of the mount bolts out super easy. Only thing we had trouble with was after we had finished the truck was leaning to the right, but it actually ended up straightening out. Which was a relief to me.... But i bought the lift from a friend for $50.00. so i have no brackets for the bumpers.

After the lift was done i added the roof rack.
I was rolling on 28s and stock rims for a while. The lift was done in July, I just got my 33s in November. Oooops.
rollin_zpsd6d146ca.jpg
snowyday4_zpsd863620f.jpg
exploooo_zps418c90dc.jpg
flexin_zps7b4d3561.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

took off the lower valance. I love the look of it!
315977_10201001327097002_1626270318_n.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finally got my 33s and more updates!!!!!!!!! Check it outtttt

Saw the pics on Facebook. Very awesome! When you hitting Rausch Creek? :D

I updated it on the first page. Sorry Rick
bats I plan on going November 4th hopefully.

BODY LIFT DONE/

Sorry guys, I have no picks of the process. I was soo in to doing the lift i forgot. I had my two friends help me since i am still a noob haha. But anyways, the lift went great. Got all of the mount bolts out super easy. Only thing we had trouble with was after we had finished the truck was leaning to the right, but it actually ended up straightening out. Which was a relief to me.... But i bought the lift from a friend for $50.00. so i have no brackets for the bumpers.

After the lift was done i added the roof rack.
I was rolling on 28s and stock rims for a while. The lift was done in July, I just got my 33s two days ago. Woops lol.

Putting on the tires was easy. But when i started to make a turn... well you guessed it! RUBBING!!!! WOooooooo. I had my girlfriends dad come over to give me a hand. He is an autobody mechanic. Anyways. I got smack happy with a sledge hammer on the front bumper and we used a sawzall to cut the fender back a little but. Then we bended the bare metal back, and cut the liner inside.

The day after my friend and I installed the warrior shackles. THANK GOD. My old ones were shot. It was a little bit scary seing how corroded they were. The shackles were a pain to get out. Especially one of them. The passenger side bottom bolt would not come out. took us an hour to get it out. I used a ratchet and my friend used a hammer. it worked. So i was happy with it. The new ones went in no problem. Now I just need to do the Tortion twist.

a litttttle rusted and corroded don't you think?

ahhhhhh much better.

trimming, i will post better pics tomorrow.
ellie2_zps90b42c63.jpg
ellie5_zpsd44b87f7.jpg
ellie3_zps740dfea9.jpg
mtr_zps8772147a.jpg
shackles4_zps805ecfce.jpg
shackles2_zpse847761b.jpg
shackles_zpsbef22317.jpg
shackles3_zps6be51baf.jpg
shackles4_1_zpse88c6e67.jpg
shackles5_zpsdff04bba.jpg
ellie_zps71b3e69d.jpg

Looks really good.:chug:

I like the new MTRs, but they don't have the size in need in a 15" rim :(

Thanks [MENTION=71]Rick[/MENTION] !!!!!!! And ya I really like the asymmetrical tread on them. They ride great. I just need an alignment. When I go above 60 the steering wheel starts to shake.

Those tires are the sex and it looks like you only had to do minimal trimming with your lift combo.

The Ruasch trip is on a Monday? Arg, if only I wasn't going to Freeland that weekend.

[MENTION=125204]bats[/MENTION] ya I think that's when it is. I plan on going with a couple of friends another time maybe. I will let you know. And the trimming wasn't too bad. I just need to get the brackets for the bumpers.

Also I am going to try and see if I can mock up a jk rear bumper to fit my truck.

search

[MENTION=125204]bats[/MENTION] ya I think that's when it is. I plan on going with a couple of friends another time maybe. I will let you know. And the trimming wasn't too bad. I just need to get the brackets for the bumpers.

Also I am going also I was going to try and mock up a rear jk bumper from my friend. I want to see if it would work.

http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pgid=12121+110X

I just happened to see the truck in person. Damn this thing looks beastly. (Just gotta take care of those bumper brackets!)

Definitely go with the 4.88's.

i deff will [MENTION=125204]bats[/MENTION] and you should of told me you were there haha. I work at home depot.

i guess one of these days i should do a build thread for my truck huh rich?

Went off roading yesterday in the cray rain. I had a blast! FINALLY USED THE MTRs. They worked out great!

offroad5_zpsad483352.jpg
offroad_zps23b09f28.jpg
offroad2_zps6e1fba6e.jpg
offroad3_zps3dfa0afe.jpg
offroad4_zpsae16086d.jpg
offroad7_zps53d60bbf.jpg
offroad8_zpsb086a0c5.jpg

prtfreak yeaaaaaa probably

just got some snow last night, I had plenty of fun today!

snowyday5_zps7c88309c.jpg
snowyday2_zpsc5f16e52.jpg
snowyday3_zps9a592214.jpg

would those running boards fit my 95? i've been looking for them

little update. got new torsion bars and a new front drivers side hub.
Rick very frosty. -5 degrees frosty loll.
sloop uhm I think they will fit. But I am not entirely sure.

Back