My 97 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 97 Explorer XLT

So last year my dad bought a new H3 and since I was 15 and getting my permit within the next year, he gave me his 1997 2wd Explorer XLT.

Axle Code D4: Limited Slip, 3:73 gears
4.0L V6 SOHC Engine

I'm an offroader, so the 2wd is a huge bummer..but i'm going to be buying a wrangler, or do a 4x4 conversion. Not sure yet. Do you guys think a 2wd will do pretty good offroad if I throw on a locker?

Here's the pictures of it.
I painted the doors, installed the new stereo, painted the dash, and rewrapped the headliner. Soon I'll be dying my seats black.

Soon it will be lifted 3 inches most likely with bigger tires. I might throw on a locker eventually.

Truck.jpg

Truck2.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_2668.jpg
IMG_6442.jpg
IMG_8306.jpg
IMG_9418.jpg
IMG_8256.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_4582.jpg
IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_4836.jpg
IMG_3369.jpg

That's all for now, enjoy! Updates soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x

I was bummed too when I found out my Ex was 2wd too, but it was a free vehicle, so hey. But you've got a nice Explorer there, so a quick lift, tires and the locker and you're ready to go!

those were the first pieces I tested...at the time I only had a blue Valspar paint. It matches the inside LED theme, steering wheel cover, and soon to be black exterior or blue...not sure yet.

Back