My 98 Sport so far | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 98 Sport so far

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey man, I'm sure you have a great looking truck. However, I can't see the pics. 1) the server they're hosted on is really slow (rpi.edu?), try using photopoint. 2) their dimensions are huge, try scaling them to 50% or 33%.

Just trying to help.

Yeah no pics here either.

Steve

sorry about that, guess im not suprised by my school network, it always sucks. In fact right now it sucks. I can't even get on instant messenger, and a college student without instant messenger is like being in hell....anyway ill try to get those pics up on photopoint, sorry about that.....

Yup, the photopoint link worked. Actually, I can see the pics that are hosted on your school's server now, I guess before that server wasn't working too well. My suggestion, edit your first post and replace the links to the pics on your school's server with links to the photopoint pics. You can get the url of the photopoint pics when you view each individual pic.

BTW, nice looking truck!

Thanks... I still have alot of work to go on it, its hard though being in college and not having much money. I'm interested in getting the KKM True rev and the Piaa headlights soon. The pictures aren't that clear, because the camera i used sucked. I was also thinking of getting my billet grille powder coated to like a gun metal, something alittle darker. Might go better with the black. I'm going to wait until i get new tires to get new rims. If anyone has any suggestions about stuff I could do to my truck, feel free to reply...

got the pictures first off.. no prob there.. looks great man! real nice! if anything I can suggest would be to get some clear or altezza tails to match and get yaself some nice superwhites in those turns.. IMO, keeping those orange bulvbs makes having clear corners pointless.. looks great so far man, love the billet grille too

Thanks. I don't think im going to get clear tails, i kinda just like the look of the normal ones...I'm not sure yet. As far as the white bulbs I haven't gotten around to it yet, and I want to make sure its not going to get me pulled over. Thanks I thought the grille added a nice touch to the car...

super whites

hey, it looks pretty good. but as far as the super whites go. I have had some for about a year. and no problem with the cops. but dont order the ones out of jc whitney because they burned out my relays.

If you're looking for performance mods go with the KKM and an exhaust system. Flowmaster and Borla seem to be the most popular and I love my Flowmaster. Nice truck.

Steve

Thanks. I plan on getting the KKM, and probably an exhaust, I want to go dual. Ill try to get some pictures of my stereo stuff. I have the Pioneer 900 r head unit. Im still working on the sub box, and I have to get new interiors. Right now I have my radar detector wired to my head unit, since Ford loves to not wire the power adapters to the ignition. I hate that, there is constant power running through the cigarette lighter and the extra power slot. My next plan for my stereo is to install an MP3 cd player, mount it on my dash somewhere, and wire it to the auxiliary jack on my head unit. Then I can play Mp3's without having to get a new headunit, cause I love mine. How Does your flowmaster sound steve? I don't want something too loud....

flows I'd get a 50 or 70 series.. but um.. about the mp3 idea.. one thing you could do.. although alittle expensive. is get a "carputer" that is.. basically a desktop computer in your car.. they make all sorts of things for these check out www.mp3car.com I thought about it.. wanted to use sound input on my HU and get a DVD rom and some emulators on the thing so I coulkd have a sega, neo geo, nes, snes, and dvd player in my car at the same time.. along with mp3s ;) the problems I ran into tho were excessive wires and the price :( plus my HU does not have inputs.. so I would have to get an FM modulator.

well the one thing i liked about this mp3 cd player is that its just that, it plays cd's with mp3 files on it, not just like 8 meg cartridges or something. Plus it would be very easy to install and its only like $150

ya, say, you may want to look into a creative nomad.. holds 6GB of mp3s.. more than CDs and it can be used as a walkman too.. its $500 tho IMO.. the money you spend on CDs and having to have a walkman if/when you need one, its worth it if you are seriously interested.. unfortunatley I cannot bring myself to do anything cept burning audio CDs because of my lack of inputs.. with an modulator the quality would never go above FM.. and thats not the sort of quality I like to cruise to :p

i know what you mean. My roomate is getting this mp3 cd player, so Ill test it out, see how big a deal it is to hook up. I have TONS of mp3's, so this would be good for me. My headunit is pretty good about that stuff, I can hook tons of stuff up to it. I already have a cd changer, but being able to play mp3 discs with like 200 songs...now that would be good. I have like 100 cd's burned filled with Mp3's....haha, yes i have alot. That 6 gb thing sounds cool, but its just too much money. My headunit alone was like $450, that was enough for me. All im buying for my stereo after this is some interior speakers, then im done....maybe a TV sometime :)

BTW darkfox. I like your box..did you make that yourself?

ya, I made it out of 3/4" MDF.. my dad helped me with it a bit.. I'm horrible at wood working :p

I know what ya mean about mp3s I have upwards of 600 right now, whats yer user name on napster? is that what you use? I know theres a lot of crap goin on with it.. but its the fastest and easiest to use out of the others I've seen

my napster name is Diablo3305....haha same as this. I don't have much hard drive space so all my songs are on cd's. I also get stuff off my network at school. I go for full albums though, i have like over 700 full albums... just about anything you want....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool, well, I'm darkfox119 on there.. if I'm on.. yer welcome to DL anything I have.. I have a thing about cancelling sends that get under 1k/sec tho :) so.. just to let everyone know :p I added ya to ma list diablo

Back