• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

my 99 ex

hey everyone. ive looked around the site quite a bit and finally opened a photobucket account. so here is my ex :)

99explorer.jpg

this is how it first started. some nice wheels. not really my style but i tried it for two months until one was a little low and i hit some rr tracks and cracked on.

0624090753.jpg

then i had some 29 inch thornbirds i ran around with on 15x10s til i got tired of the hum.

2010-04-17181330.jpg

2010-04-17181349.jpg

2010-04-17181358.jpg

now this is how she sets. with some 33s and ar wheels.

and here is my old ranger i had before the ex. me and a buddy put a 351 and a c6 with an np205 in it. i learned so much from this project.
thedangerranger.jpg

and this is what my next project is gonna be. i thought long and hard about just sas on the ex but id love to keep it like it is.
kickcoil011.jpg

95d6c27d.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mylomeister

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Explorer looks badass! I love the stance. Is there a BL + TT and shackles? If so, what size body lift? If I was to lift my Explorer, that's the kind of look I'd like to go for...

damccain

Reaction score
City, State
mount vernon illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eddie bauer
actually its just a 3 inch body lift. the pa883. i did some trimming to the inner fenders. i am gonna do a tt and shackles when i buy new shocks and get it aligned all at once. gotta figure out what im gonna do about a receiver hitch when i get my shackles. just got the exhaust done yesterday too.

97xlt4.0

Soon to be exploring agai
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
looks badass!! i love those wheels!

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
nice x u got

damccain

Reaction score
City, State
mount vernon illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eddie bauer
Thanks everyone. I still think it looks tiny even with the 33' s. Hopeto sas after I find a good DD.