• Register Today It's free!

My arc not working

Chazza4477

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer xlt
My arc on my 2000 ford explorer 4.0 litre isn't working,I pulled of the compressor and did some electrical test and there's no power coming to the plug,I also checked the fuses and there fine, but I'm not sure where the relay is I checked a relay box next to the battery and tested to see if there was power there but no power,can someone please help with any ideas?

coilpack power fuse

Power for the ignition coilpack comes from fuse 19 (25 amps) in the central junction box. If the fuse is good then I suggest that you check the connector to the coilpack. The pin associated with Red/light green stripe should have battery voltage when the ignition switch is in run. If there is power to the coilpack then I suggest that you check the PCM connector to make sure it hasn't vibrated loose. The retaining bolt should be snug but don't overtighten. Another thing to try is to clean the crankshaft position sensor connector contacts by disconnecting and reconnecting the connector a few times. If the PCM doesn't sense the engine rotating (via the crnakshaft position sensor output) it will disable the spark. Did you check more than one spark wire? You could have a bad section of the coilpack. Clean the coilpack surface area under the coilpack retaining bolt heads (T25) to get a good contact to chassis ground. If the coilpack is not grounded there will be no spark.

Back