My back power sliding window goes down but never comes up. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My back power sliding window goes down but never comes up.

bubstoy11

Reaction score
City, State
iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sports trac
got an 01 sports trac the back window went down last sat but would not go back up pulled the back panel apart found that the switch did not give me the up postion replace the switch still did not work could tell that the switch was working on the wiring block with a power probe that i have replaced the motor today but still does not work looking for ideas and a place to download free wiring diagrams the so i can track somthing down unless i actually got a bad brand new motor for it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the same problem. Wire in the drivers side wire run (plastic cover to the right of the floor mat) had corroded through. Spliced it back together and it has been working since!

rmcalis u rock dood that i nitialization procedure worked great my hair finally went back to its regular colar its kinda funny though i evean whent back to the ford garadge that i baught the motor from they were kind to me even let me take a wireing diagram book home checked it all out again ordered a new motor come back in check this blog again find the prcedure try it out call them laugh about it and canceled the next motorweird they did not know about it thanks to all your help. bubstoy11

New to this site...... just bought a 01 tracker and had back window problem...did the Initialization Procedure and it's now working again....this site rocks aswell as its members....thank you so much people...

Back