My Bronco II project. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My Bronco II project.

AngryBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco II Eddie
This here, is my 1986 Bronco II Eddie Bauer. Started off green and tan, but I repainted it the other day to be tan with bed lined trim. Here is my workload for this:
-New tail gate. Has a crack in the gate from the tire rack.
-Rebuild the 2.9 V6. It runs fine, but its old.
-When the engine rebuild happens i'll be doing a custom wiring harness and underhood management.
-"2 lift, along with new leaf springs and shocks. current stock suspension i can bounce with one hand.
Tearing out all carpet and panels and repainting interior and laying down some rubber diamond mat.
-leather bucket seats with 3-point harnesses
-Custom dash. Keeping the old gauges. Has the nice vintage look.
-re-upholstering the rear seats.
-accessory baskets for fuel
-Brush guard w/floodlights, and an armored rear bumper.

The essentials already have a skid plate. Some of these things will be a little while off, like the engine rebuild, but the interior work and tailgate will be soon. :D

Attachments

• WP_20130418_003.jpg
    WP_20130418_003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 670
  • WP_20130423_012.jpg
    WP_20130423_012.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 670
  • WP_20130423_002.jpg
    WP_20130423_002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 683
  • WP_20130423_003.jpg
    WP_20130423_003.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 701
<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

AngryBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco II Eddie
Yeah, i want to do military style stenciling on the sides to give it a rugged military look. I used Rustoleum for the paint on mine. I figured this thing will get scratched up so much, why not just rattle can it?

<

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Looks good. I've always liked the drab Mil colors. I vote paint the B emblem on fron fender flat green, olive or even flat black.

<

AngryBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco II Eddie
Had a setback on this project. The transmission had sprung a leak out on the trail and i burned it out getting back onto the highway. The stock A4LD was DESTROYED. Shop i took it to managed to get another, and installed a remote cooling system for the new trans. Cost me $1400. I'm lucky thats all it cost.

<

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Had a setback on this project. The transmission had sprung a leak out on the trail and i burned it out getting back onto the highway. The stock A4LD was DESTROYED. Shop i took it to managed to get another, and installed a remote cooling system for the new trans. Cost me $1400. I'm lucky thats all it cost.

No wonder your angry. But really you were lucky.

<