• Register Today It's free!

My Bronco II project.

AngryBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco II Eddie
This here, is my 1986 Bronco II Eddie Bauer. Started off green and tan, but I repainted it the other day to be tan with bed lined trim. Here is my workload for this:
-New tail gate. Has a crack in the gate from the tire rack.
-Rebuild the 2.9 V6. It runs fine, but its old.
-When the engine rebuild happens i'll be doing a custom wiring harness and underhood management.
-"2 lift, along with new leaf springs and shocks. current stock suspension i can bounce with one hand.
Tearing out all carpet and panels and repainting interior and laying down some rubber diamond mat.
-leather bucket seats with 3-point harnesses
-Custom dash. Keeping the old gauges. Has the nice vintage look.
-re-upholstering the rear seats.
-accessory baskets for fuel
-Brush guard w/floodlights, and an armored rear bumper.

The essentials already have a skid plate. Some of these things will be a little while off, like the engine rebuild, but the interior work and tailgate will be soon. :D

Attachments

• WP_20130418_003.jpg
    WP_20130418_003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 706
  • WP_20130423_012.jpg
    WP_20130423_012.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 706
  • WP_20130423_002.jpg
    WP_20130423_002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 718
  • WP_20130423_003.jpg
    WP_20130423_003.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 733

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, i want to do military style stenciling on the sides to give it a rugged military look. I used Rustoleum for the paint on mine. I figured this thing will get scratched up so much, why not just rattle can it?

Looks good. I've always liked the drab Mil colors. I vote paint the B emblem on fron fender flat green, olive or even flat black.

Had a setback on this project. The transmission had sprung a leak out on the trail and i burned it out getting back onto the highway. The stock A4LD was DESTROYED. Shop i took it to managed to get another, and installed a remote cooling system for the new trans. Cost me $1400. I'm lucky thats all it cost.

Had a setback on this project. The transmission had sprung a leak out on the trail and i burned it out getting back onto the highway. The stock A4LD was DESTROYED. Shop i took it to managed to get another, and installed a remote cooling system for the new trans. Cost me $1400. I'm lucky thats all it cost.

No wonder your angry. But really you were lucky.

Back