My build log: project PIA | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My build log: project PIA

Tubes are officially out! Especially that nasty one! Lol! Mom and Dad came over and cooked some *****in meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Drugs wore off and the pain meds are worthless. Fun times. All I can think about is how long before I can finish the tranny swap and start on the dash! Aahhhhhhhhh! I hate being laid up! Jon, I called you and left a message, but I think your machine cut me off. I will talk to you guys soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry it's been so long, I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles for me to post something, right?:rolleyes: I've been pretty doped up the last week and a half, so I haven't been able to update so much. I have a post-op checkup on monday, then a whole bunch of suck-ass rehabilitation exercises. Yay. I have a killer pic of my knee to show you guys, but you'll have to wait till I can get my camera to sync with my comp. Take it easy guys!:salute:

So here's a couple for you, enjoy!:D

picture.php

picture.php

Knees? I see no knees! dim is melons!! Be careful wit dem meds bro...they can help you get better!!:salute:

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON BRO!!!
GOOD LUCK AND CHEERS MATE!!

nothing like a lil time off to really get to plan the next few stages of your explorer project aye mate?
got well soon...hope you are in zero pain...cuz dat looks like it hurts!!
later bro!

Stitches are out! WOOO HOOO! Now all thats left is rehab and a trans that needs installing!

well if all else fails and you can't drive your truck being as its a stick, you can transfer the title over to me... i won't complain... ;)

Yeah, I bet you wouldn't complain, Rok!

Sorry I haven't been updating anything in a minute, but I have the mother of all updates...

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY! YEEEE HAAAAW!

My wife casually told me that she was late and when I asked her, "for what?", she just stood there with a goofy grin on her face... five pregnancy tests and about 65 bucks later, we're in the baby making business!

You know, it's funny the way our minds, and our wives/girlfriends minds differ so drastically... as soon as the initial shock and excitement settled in, she started talking about baby safety seats, and the first thing that came to my mind was, roll cage.:D

Howdy, and Congrats!!! Nothing like a lil one to teach all your good mech skills to!! They SOAK it up like a sponge too!! I am proud of ya big guy!!
Now how about a truck for the lil guy? get him to help put it together!!! Nothing teaches like building his own ride!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! Best Wishes to you and yours!!!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys! First peak at baby! Enjoy! I know I am!

picture.php

picture.php

If it's a boy, I think we'll name him Christopher, after Christopher Columbus. Anyone care to guess why? :D

Because he was conceived on a boat!

congrats 94 fatherhood is a blast i hope that your child is strong and healthy... with a weiner.... and everybody not to ruin the fun but christopher columbus was an EXPLORER... get it?

DUDE...no new pics or any more work here...I'm waiting!!!
I Hope you are feeling better these days!!!

Nice Name choice...hope he likes it...say my friend...is that a light wheight aluminum flywheel you installed...where can I get one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Guys! Sorry it's been so long! It's been freakin' hectic around here as you can imagine. I just got back from Nor Cal, my niece just got married, so that was pretty cool. I bought a set of Warn manual hubs off ebay and they came in right before I left. I think I will wait till the rig is running to install them. I have a little experiment with the auto hubs that should prove intresting, but you guys will have to wait and see on that one!:D

Shady, I wish it was alluminimum! It is a very good fly wheel though, I bought it from one of our online vendors, Rockauto.com. Those guys are freakin awesome! It's a Brute Force flywheel. I bought all Brute Force stuff for my tranny swap and I must say, I am very pleased!

Turdle, sorry it's been so long since I last shot you a message! Mom is doing good, but the morning sickness is driving her (and myself!) crazy! The doc gave her the same nausea meds that they give to chemo patients and all it does is take the edge off. Better that nothing I guess. The baby is doing fine, we should have another ultrasound in a couple of weeks, then we can tell what the sex is. My knee is taking a bit longer to get better than I first suspected it would, but I think I should be ready for another surgery in about a month. The Ex hasn't necessarily taken a back seat, but it hasn't had too much progress either. I rebuilt the spare transfer case I had, and the 4X4 shift motor, and mated them with the M5OD, so they are ready to be installed, I just need some help to get it under the rig. I promise that I will keep you guys updated as the news rolls in! Thanks guys!:salute:

Back