My buildup! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My buildup!

Jon Do you recomend the fuel rails u have now? aeromotive right?
aei-14102_w.jpg

Oh ya Im saving up for a stage 2 turbo from rocket....
Remote Mounted... Im about 2 months away from buying...maybe less

Im about 8 months away from completion...
I got the TMs,
torque20monster20header.jpg

those 30#s for now, Later much larger ones!,
2569_1.jpg

ur MAF if it works.., saving for..... Blue Oval Industries Upper and lower rpm polished intake..
26_polishedtypoon_bmp.jpg

4406 swap, 4:10 gears... B&M Ratchet shifter.
bmm-80842.jpg

I plan to port and polish my Heads, intake, Tbody elbow, gear drive, 530" lift cam,
crn-444221.jpg
Crane CompuCam Camshafts
Camshaft, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 262/ 270, Lift .530/ .530, Ford, Small Block, Each

High volume fuel pump... Nology wires, and little odds and ends...

Iam gonna take my car to an awd dyno, we have one around here, alot of wrx guys go there I think its called Diablo sport or vishnu

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My current Maf is a pro-m , calibrated for 30lb injectors

I am "raping" the Maf signal with the maf tuner. I said once before-when I took it off I was going to burn it. It has given me grief.
I really think the trouble is in the maf tuner box-the maf itself may work fine for you. There are several people who swear by them-:dunno:

anywhoo-If you want this Pro-m MAF-I will send it. It may work fine-
I'll also be sending the new connector you will need to splice in for it--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon
Thow that pos meter as far as you can. I would try to see if it could withstand my Sig 40 cal if it were mine.:D I know how much you hate that thing go ahead and have some fun with it. I shot my printer with an AK-47 about, well... several times. I hated that damn thing so bad! It just made me feel better when I was done.

Kody looks like a nice plan you got there. It should be good for some respectable power with that turbo. I do however have a few concerns I would like to voice.

1) I would just get the Aeromotive stuff and leave it at that. No reason to mix Aero and BBK together. The A-1000 FPR (or its little brother shown in your picture) will handle allot of fuel and will also match the rest of your system. Hey more go than show, but still is always good to make sure things are coordinated a little in the engine bay.

2) 30 lb injectors? I would recommend going with something a little bit bigger as you will not only be doing allot of major boltons but also adding forced induction on top of it. I would advise going with a bigger injector, which will be based off the amount of boost you plan to run.

3) Like James said, do not go with a Pro-M MAF. They are craaaaaaap. I did a little tuning on a friend's car (blown, built, cammed 01 Cobra) and when I logged his Pro-M MAF I immediately told him to get rid of that POS and get a BA series meter as the MAF counts were jumping more than a cage full of rabid bunnies. Jon, place that MAF on corral.net and I bet it will sell pretty quick as allot of those guys seem to still think the Pro-M's are actually worth a crap. At the the LEAST go with a 90 mm L-MAF if you plan to run low boost or a BA2400 if you plan to run a little more in the future.

Who will be doing your tuning?

I shot my printer with an AK-47 about, well... several times.

I will make sure to keep my electronic devices far away from you the next time you come to visit. ;)

I can see James now in his southern accent, "Hey mayan this dang preeenter don't work! And where is the stupid hand crank at on this thing anyways!? What's this doohickey with all these lights and buttons on it? Must be some kind of alien robot or something. I better shoot it with the AK just to make sure it aint livin." :D

As long as you are keeping a stock bottom end, I would say dont waste your time/money on a cam, intake manifold, or head work if you are seriously going turbo. Your stock intake/cam can make more power than your block can take. I can show you a dyno graph of a stock Explorer longblock in a Mustang that made over 600whp with a T70. You can save all of this money and put it towards the turbo kit and get it faster :) Because ultimately your block will be the limiter of how much power you can make.

Also, I am not positive, but I think the 99 Explorers has EV6 injectors like my 2000 does. If so, you can get some 03-04 Cobra 39lb injectors pretty cheap. If you use those 30's or some 42's, you'll need pigtail adapters.

Back