My Elite Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Elite Registry

So After being a member for a few months I decided to fork over the 20 bucks and go elite. Well first off my name is Corbin Jordan and im from Grandville MI.

I guess ill start from the beginning. I have always had a thing for explorers ever since i drove my dads 1991 EB. after the tranny went out on it, i came across a great deal. a 1995 sport for 300 bucks. it was in a rear end collision, and the owners didnt want there daughter to drive it because the frame was bent a little. So my dad purchased it for me. we put a rebuilt tranny in it and pulled the bumper out with a chain and a tree...lol. I didnt really do any mods to it because money was tight at the time. I took it off roading alot and gave it hell, hydrolocked the motor once and rolled it on its side once. After all i put it through it still ran like a champ. The only pictures i have of it are my whoops pics so here is my old ex on its side.

flip2.jpg

flip1.jpg

We managed to pull it back over with a wrangler and we kept on going. Amazingly nothing was broken. the passenger mirror stuck right into the mud.

Well, i finally got a decent paying job and decided to upgrade. I searched all over and found a 2002 XLT V8 with 79,000 for 8,500. Total cost was 12,200, and that included a 2 year factory warranty. heres a pic of it from when i first got it.

front1.jpg

it came with leather seats, power moon roof, towing package, rear cargo protector, fog lights, and tinted front windows

After a few months i decided to start upgrading i bought a new Kenwood HU and i already had a sony xplod 1000w amp that i got for christmas. I then went out a purchased a cheap set of subs. Duals from best buy. (I know not the best subs in the world) here are some pics after the install.

HU.jpg

i hid the amp under the rear seat
amp.jpg

subs.jpg

I have always liked the look of the bug deflectors so i got one.
front.jpg

some more pics of my ex now.
rear.jpg

the light cover was also on there when i bought it
light.jpg

So not much done to it yet. But coming soon is gonna be a few things, a CAI, and some bigger tires, some new front coil springs to raise the front 2 inches, and a new exhaust. I bought a new flowmaster 40 off ebay and that should be going on soon. I want to run duals since its a single in dual out.

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,308
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • HU.jpg
    HU.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,174

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to eliteness!!! I dig the new ex. You plan on lifting it when the parts become available?

if and when they do become available, yes.

Congrats on your eliteness! Do you still have the sport?

no i dont, i sold it to my buddy, who actually got stuck in it 2 weeks after he bought it, so i had to go pull him, and my new ex pulled him out like a champ.

Yeah, the new one looks really nice. Gotta love that v8, too!

o yes, plenty of power, but you know, we all want more...lol

...congrats on becoming elite...:thumbsup:

x everybody esle! Congrats!

...congrats on becoming elite...:thumbsup:

Now, how did you end up sideways in a creek w/a vehicle that wasn't o/r ready? You didn't heed the advice of the o/r elders?? :) Nice to see you are Elite! Good move!

it wasnt a creek, it was a hole, and i have drove through it b4 but alot of people also go through it, the time before that i almost got stuck because of the deep ruts in it, so this time i decided to try and go around it. didnt get far enough over so i went for a ride.

so i never really liked the V8 emblem that came on my truck so i decided to order a new one...and a 4x4 one as well...

0114081835.jpg

this is what will replace the stock V8 symbol. the 4x4 will go next to it. i cant install them just yet, its too cold out. I will post pics when i get them on.

btw i got them from http://www.chromeemblems.com

A suggestion for the emblems- lay a piece of 2" masking tape on its back, sticky side up on a table, arrange the letters/numbers as you want, you can stick and re stick the letters until they are just right. When you want to install them, just peel the backing off the letters, apply them all at once using the tape. Works rather well.

thanks for the tip!

nice x u got there and congrads on being elite as well.

Congrats to you too there Sams01

Congrats...

chromeemblems? how long was delivery time?

thnx donner i wish someone had photoshop cause i wanna put a new pic as my avator on here.

CB planned Flyinguitars?

(Sams01, there's a Photoshop Help thread)

i dont got the software but i wanna get it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CB planned Flyinguitars?

yes, i had one at one time, but it was a POS to say the least, worked sometimes and other times not at all...im keeping my eye out for one now but first comes new coilsprings and bigger tires.

Sams01XplrSprt said:
i dont got the software but i wanna get it

you can get anything off the internet these days, you just need to know where to look...lol

Back