• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

my ever changing grill (pics)

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
well, i always hated the honeycomb grill that ford put on their cars and trucks so when i got my ST, one of the first things i did was change up the look of the grill so it would match my alloy wheels. since i got my black wheels, it just didnt look seamless, so instead of getting a new billet grill, i just painted it. i cleaned it out with simple green and a tack cloth, then i went over it with a few very thin coats. i let it cure, then i wetsanded it with 2000 grit paper. then i threw on another coat and wet sanded it again. then i threw a lacquer clear coat on it.

from a bloodline of three generations of US veterans, and many more generations before that of warriors, happy memorial day and thank your troops!:salute::usa:

004.jpg

007.jpg

V__00C5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
lookin good

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Looks alot better witht the billet grille painted black on that white truck, JMO.

:thumbsup:

Pjibs

Reaction score
City, State
Wittenberg University
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Me likey!

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V8
X2, I like it, I like it alot.

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
thanks fellas. got to thank the forum for always pointing me in the right direction.

hey lynchy, ever since i seen your bumper, ive been wanting to get one like it. we dont have kangaroos running around out here, but there are a lot of people id like to run over!

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V8
It work's for that too! S***, did I say that out loud?

kaczman

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Heavily Modified ST
Any idea where the pictures went? very interested in seeing....