my ever changing grill (pics)

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
well, i always hated the honeycomb grill that ford put on their cars and trucks so when i got my ST, one of the first things i did was change up the look of the grill so it would match my alloy wheels. since i got my black wheels, it just didnt look seamless, so instead of getting a new billet grill, i just painted it. i cleaned it out with simple green and a tack cloth, then i went over it with a few very thin coats. i let it cure, then i wetsanded it with 2000 grit paper. then i threw on another coat and wet sanded it again. then i threw a lacquer clear coat on it.

from a bloodline of three generations of US veterans, and many more generations before that of warriors, happy memorial day and thank your troops!:salute::usa:

004.jpg

007.jpg

V__00C5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good

Looks alot better witht the billet grille painted black on that white truck, JMO.

:thumbsup:

Me likey!

X2, I like it, I like it alot.

thanks fellas. got to thank the forum for always pointing me in the right direction.

hey lynchy, ever since i seen your bumper, ive been wanting to get one like it. we dont have kangaroos running around out here, but there are a lot of people id like to run over!

It work's for that too! S***, did I say that out loud?

Any idea where the pictures went? very interested in seeing....

Back