• Register Today It's free!

My experience w/ House of HID

johnnybravo

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
C63 AMG
Thread removed since everything was resolved with the vendor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the info, I am in process of doing this upgrade and will not use this vendor. Too many bad vendors out there who don't care. Customer service can make or break you these days in the world of social media

Hey, Been lurking here awhile but when I saw this post figured I would register and respond. I have done quite a bit of business with this company. Especially recently, I had a failure in my HID Setup, and the owner personally met with me and helped me fix it. I have had the kit for 2 years in my truck and love it. The site has never had any issue for me and my order was marked as shipped same day I ordered it. Whenever I called and got the voice mail, I had a call back within an hour.

I have refered several of my friends to this company, and all had similar service as mine. Heck when my truck was wrecked and front drivers side was destroyed, the owner personally took a new set of bulbs to the shop to ensure I had my truck back ASAP as I was heading out of town that weekend. If thats not great service, I do not know what is.

I get the feeling the above post is House Of Hid trying to do damage control.

I get the feeling the above post is House Of Hid trying to do damage control.

You think?!? Lol

It's truly amazing he's been lurking around here all this time then joined just to post this glowing review. Honestly this just makes Thehouseofhid.com look worse in my eyes....

Now if a long time member had posted that.... Or even if the House of HID made an account and replied... Totally different. but this?! Nothing worse than dishonest people....

That does look odd. :shifty_ey

Warlocke, pictures of your '10 with the HIDs?

Hey, I want to assure you I am not house of HID. Just a happy customer, As requested here is my picture of the truck with HIDS installed. (I will post more after the weekend as I am going to the farm)
418336_3080698829108_1930045375_n.jpg

I know it sounds like I am the owner of that company, but I am not.

Anything else I can do to prove it let me know.

You don't have to prove anything. This is the internet.

HID lights in a "non-projector" style housing.....FAIL !

HID lights in a "non-projector" style housing.....FAIL !

They work just fine in the stock housing thank you very much, if you want to say "FAIL" to someones mod, why dont you send them what YOU think it should be installed in.

They work just fine in the stock housing thank you very much, if you want to say "FAIL" to someones mod, why dont you send them what YOU think it should be installed in.

The fact that you don't even understand why I claimed "FAIL" is a second FAIL on your part.
Let me enlighten you why. From your perspective it looks great, much brighter and "you" can see better than ever and think it was a great mod.
What you don't realize and why a FAIL is that HID lights are designed for "projector" style housings which focus the light in a specific beam pattern out onto the road. Even in a projector style housing with halogens you have to be careful retrofitting with HID because the position of the bulb can effect the beam pattern as well.
Older non-projector housings just blast light out all over in a broad spectrum. Therefore what you have done is created a situation where you've intensified your light by 3x and are blinding other on coming drivers and annoying drivers ahead of you from their rear view mirrors. You can see fine but they can't see you and you're going to cause a head on collision or other accident. You think your cool with brighter whiter lights and somehow think you have the right to endanger other peoples lives??
To be blunt. Anyone that puts HID bulbs in a non-projector housing is simply a brainless D-bag.

The fact that you don't even understand why I claimed "FAIL" is a second FAIL on your part.
Let me enlighten you why. From your perspective it looks great, much brighter and "you" can see better than ever and think it was a great mod.
What you don't realize and why a FAIL is that HID lights are designed for "projector" style housings which focus the light in a specific beam pattern out onto the road. Even in a projector style housing with halogens you have to be careful retrofitting with HID because the position of the bulb can effect the beam pattern as well.
Older non-projector housings just blast light out all over in a broad spectrum. Therefore what you have done is created a situation where you've intensified your light by 3x and are blinding other on coming drivers and annoying drivers ahead of you from their rear view mirrors. You can see fine but they can't see you and you're going to cause a head on collision or other accident. You think your cool with brighter whiter lights and somehow think you have the right to endanger other peoples lives??
To be blunt. Anyone that puts HID bulbs in a non-projector housing is simply a brainless D-bag.

Completely agree with you. You can always tell when a ****** has HID's coming 1/2 a mile away in non projector headlights. Especially hate it when they are in full size trucks and blind you. It is extremely difficult to align the headlights to prevent this.

I will say though that some cars did have HID in a non projector style headlight. I had a 2001 Lexus IS300 and they didn't have projectors but were factory HID. The cutoff was very sharp, just like the BMWs and Audis but they had vertical motors that would adjust every time you started the car to keep the beam at the appropriate height/cutoff.

Agreed. Nothing gives your vehicle that white trash, Walmart look like cheap knockoff HIDs.

My experience with House of HID continued

So about a year ago I placed an order for HID bulbs and fogs. It took north of 3 months for them to fulfill my order after a bunch of run arounds. The owner was going through some tough times and provided a partial refund ($75 I believe) of the original +$300 order. Based on his circumstances and the refund, I agreed to remove my negative post about them that I had on this forum.

Fast forward to April and the fog light caught my bumper on fire. Mind you it was only installed a few weeks prior and only used a few times. Part of me thought it was an issue with Ford, another side of me thought it was the HID kit. I had the car inspected by Ford and they did not find an electrical issue with the car and at the end it left me -$250 of my insurance deductable and another -$275 for replacement of the fog assembly. Not that I have a lot of faith in Ford as they tried to blame a known TSB about the dash light going out on the HID headlamps (sigh). House of HID agreed to supply the fog assembly but as usual they took well over a month to respond so I went ahead and paid it out of pocket. They did refund $30 at a later time stating that was the true cost of the item. Based on the fire, they agreed to provide an LED replacement for the HID and from April till today I've been receiving multiple promises an item has shipped only to find out later he was attending to other business, and in typical fashion he always states he will handle the matter himself and it will be rectified. After countless emails and empty commitments, I feel compelled to warn this community about this vendor (since again, I removed my previous post from 6m ago).

Ford had nothing to do with your problem. Modifying your car's electrical system like installing HIDs will void the warranty on the vehicle. What people don't understand is that a lot of these HID kits are made in China so I don't understand why people are buying HID kits from these random suppliers, especially when they are paying for 100 dollars a kit. My kit cost me 20 bucks from Ebay for the headlights and it works great. If it breaks in the future, I even got warranty from my Ebay seller.

Sorry for your bad experience, but I would suggest you don't buy from random HID suppliers. No aftermarket HID kit for regular Halogens are legit. They just aren't so you have to watch out.

Ford had nothing to do with your problem. Modifying your car's electrical system like installing HIDs will void the warranty on the vehicle. What people don't understand is that a lot of these HID kits are made in China so I don't understand why people are buying HID kits from these random suppliers, especially when they are paying for 100 dollars a kit. My kit cost me 20 bucks from Ebay for the headlights and it works great. If it breaks in the future, I even got warranty from my Ebay seller.

Sorry for your bad experience, but I would suggest you don't buy from random HID suppliers. No aftermarket HID kit for regular Halogens are legit. They just aren't so you have to watch out.

I agree.

I agree that the whole vehicle warranty shouldn’t be voided(I didn’t mean that with my previous post), but I see why Ford would not cover the bumper issue if there were aftermarket parts installed(HID kit). If the OP brought the Ex into the dealer with the burned bumper and still had the HID kit installed, that was a mistake on his part. If the HID kit was removed and then brought in, how did they know an HID kit was installed?

EDIT: OP, why were you charged $250 for insurance deductible and $275 for the fog light assembly? If you made an insurance claim, wouldn’t you only be charged your deductible and everything else would be covered by insurance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree that the whole vehicle warranty shouldn’t be voided(I didn’t mean that with my previous post), but I see why Ford would not cover the bumper issue if there were aftermarket parts installed(HID kit). If the OP brought the Ex into the dealer with the burned bumper and still had the HID kit installed, that was a mistake on his part. If the HID kit was removed and then brought in, how did they know an HID kit was installed?

EDIT: OP, why were you charged $250 for insurance deductible and $275 for the fog light assembly? If you made an insurance claim, wouldn’t you only be charged your deductible and everything else would be covered by insurance?

The auto policy covers direct and accidental damage. A failed part would not be covered. The resulting damage from the failed part would.

Back