• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

my explorer draggin vid

Hitchhikingmike

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
WTH, this is sick, I never knew such a vile sport such as this existed.:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
thanks for the comments everybody. ill have to post up some of my other frame work ive done on other trucks. just need to sort through the pics

racinjason68

Reaction score
City, State
2003 Limited V8 AWD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT '92EB4x '96V8 2wd
that thing is to low... How they hell you gonna go over a damn speed bump? I mean really think of all the damn road reflectors your gonna hit...

racinjason68

Reaction score
City, State
2003 Limited V8 AWD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT '92EB4x '96V8 2wd
that was in my best "lift it" voice.... Only way to go is up voice?? Looking good get that damn thing done, now your like me and drag'n it out. LOL

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Oh my god. :eek:

And here I thought I was low. :D

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
what pinch? it got in the way so its not there anymore haha bet my roof is lower than yours lol i just need to get some poly lube so i can get the bars and bags back in and start the floor. im getting excited about this thing again and possably driving it on the real roads haha.

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
How do you "bodydropped"? Any pointers, photos, how-to's? Sounds like a good way to get a few more inches of drop without sacrificing ride quality.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
the point of body dropping it is to lay the rockers on the fround after the frame has been layed out 1 of 2 ways or a combination of both like i did. you have a traditional body drop where you cut the floor outside the frame and let it fall down around the frame and weld filelr panels in, section out the firewall, and drop the front frame horns down to lower the core support. also search channeling. the other way is a stock floor body where you build a full new frame or partial frame that is shorter to lower the body mounts, this way is better for taller people and if you dont want a step when you open your door. but you have to tunnel for the tranny. alot of race car guys do this in a sence on like drag cars but personally i wouldnt bother doing it unless i was bagged or juiced.

my explorer has a traditional body drop to underneath the back seats then goes into the 2x3 3/16 wall tube chassis portion .

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
That looks insane! Props to you man. Got pictures of how the front is set up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
Thanks as for the front its kinda under wraps right now. I did a prototype on it just to see if it worked. Bags on radius arms = insaine amount of lift. The thing is I cut up the stock arms just to see if it worked. So I still need to take those cut up arms off, jig them up and build, some nice tubular and CNC cut parts. I'm still not sure if I'm keeping the I-beams lol if i can sell them then they are gone and I'm putting the mustang 2 front clip on it that I have, but I'm not going to mess with it untill the floor is in and everything else is done.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Lowering my 91 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J Finally lowered my explorer! Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 30
S Body kit for a 2002 Explorer Sport? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B Lower explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Lowering 2000 explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
P Best way to lower my explorer?? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
B what i want my 03 Explorer to look like Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
N Lowering 04 Explorer 4x4 Wagon Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
1 What shocks are good for a lowered explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
1 Airbagit.com kits??? Should i bag my explorer or my ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
L Lowering a 2007 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
J 98 explorer sport lowering blocks question Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
C i want to lower my 92 explorer with 20inch rims but idont want the front to butterfly Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 I want to lower my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
C Best way to lower a 2000 Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
E looking to lower a 02 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
J Lowering my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
2 Dropping an 01 Explorer Sport. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
A Lowering Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
9 How do I lower my 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
F I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
O Lowering my 99 Sport Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
S Drop my Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
R please help! lowering 06 explorer/mountaineer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
X Explorer lower on 22s. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 19
I Trying to lower my 93 explorer eddie bauer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
T Bagged 2002 Ford explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0
S Custom Explorer Chassis Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 124
D Lowering first Gen Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 28
O Lowering 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lower Explorer. Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
F Air Suspension -Slamming an Explorer- Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 26
R Drop on explorer/ranger? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 3
S Is there a market for explorer control arms? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
Turdle Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 8
A Keeping the 99 5.0 explorer. Going to mod it. Need some help Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
K questions about how to get the front end down further(lowered explorer) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 4
M Eibach ProKit on 3rd Gen Explorer (2004) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
C Lowering kit for 2000 4wd explorer limited? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 6
I Bolt in notch for Explorer? Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
C The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!! Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 115
R 91 explorer drop beams Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 5
oplitic How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 23
M Lowering my '99 Explorer Sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
B How to lower my 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
J lowering kit for 91-94 explorer sport Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 7
B 92 explorer on 22's Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 10
E Lowering The Front Of A 2000 Explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 1
S Lowering Kits for AWD Explorer? (was need help) Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 2
K new member--dropping my explorer Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tech 0