my explorer draggin vid | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my explorer draggin vid

WTH, this is sick, I never knew such a vile sport such as this existed.:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi everybody been some time since i updated this, but after changing my mind a million times here is the new pics.

and heres a video from a long time ago i found lol
http://www.illusivefabrications.com/videos/other/slammedxonair.mpeg

normal_04-24-08_1436.jpg

normal_04-24-08_1457.jpg

normal_100_1589.jpg

normal_100_1590.jpg

normal_100_1591.jpg

normal_100_1593.jpg

normal_fp1.JPG

normal_fp2.JPG

OK
Now I'm in.
This thing is wow now. That frame work looks fantastic.

I like the color you chose for the body also. Nice

thanks for the comments everybody. ill have to post up some of my other frame work ive done on other trucks. just need to sort through the pics

that thing is to low... How they hell you gonna go over a damn speed bump? I mean really think of all the damn road reflectors your gonna hit...

that was in my best "lift it" voice.... Only way to go is up voice?? Looking good get that damn thing done, now your like me and drag'n it out. LOL

Oh my god. :eek:

normal_05-20-07_1413.jpg

And here I thought I was low. :D

Your lowered, he is low. Real low. LOL

just lower at the pinch.... LOL

what pinch? it got in the way so its not there anymore haha bet my roof is lower than yours lol i just need to get some poly lube so i can get the bars and bags back in and start the floor. im getting excited about this thing again and possably driving it on the real roads haha.

How do you "bodydropped"? Any pointers, photos, how-to's? Sounds like a good way to get a few more inches of drop without sacrificing ride quality.

the point of body dropping it is to lay the rockers on the fround after the frame has been layed out 1 of 2 ways or a combination of both like i did. you have a traditional body drop where you cut the floor outside the frame and let it fall down around the frame and weld filelr panels in, section out the firewall, and drop the front frame horns down to lower the core support. also search channeling. the other way is a stock floor body where you build a full new frame or partial frame that is shorter to lower the body mounts, this way is better for taller people and if you dont want a step when you open your door. but you have to tunnel for the tranny. alot of race car guys do this in a sence on like drag cars but personally i wouldnt bother doing it unless i was bagged or juiced.

my explorer has a traditional body drop to underneath the back seats then goes into the 2x3 3/16 wall tube chassis portion .

Oh yeah, Well i cut my roof off... so I win. LOL

hell no... not going that far... maybe just section it a bit...

That looks insane! Props to you man. Got pictures of how the front is set up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks as for the front its kinda under wraps right now. I did a prototype on it just to see if it worked. Bags on radius arms = insaine amount of lift. The thing is I cut up the stock arms just to see if it worked. So I still need to take those cut up arms off, jig them up and build, some nice tubular and CNC cut parts. I'm still not sure if I'm keeping the I-beams lol if i can sell them then they are gone and I'm putting the mustang 2 front clip on it that I have, but I'm not going to mess with it untill the floor is in and everything else is done.

Back