My explorer how she sits now. A picture thread. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My explorer how she sits now. A picture thread.

Mxrider99

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 4x4 XLT
been awhile fellas, finally cut into her over the past few months. lots of custom CV making and crap later. Ive got a long travel 4x4 explorer.

custom a arms front and rear with king 2.5 coil overs doing 16 inches of travel on 35"s without rubbing. haha!

l_b17424cfd472405bbe5ba33f928eab91.png

l_1baea92c93764b93aac7d9aeb267b863.png

l_776cc86438d34a569d20e02e3f11ac86.png

Lights on the roof ar ebeing switched out for a 42inch LED bar and they will be put on my bumper when i ifnish building it. PITA building a bumper for thsi thing and having it all still look "right"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good keep up good work

hey man i love the way ur explorer looks. what all have u done to it suspension wise in order to fit those tires underneath?

I love to see some pictures of the suspension and some pics of it flexing!!! Bet it rides really smooth now:D

what all have u done to it suspension wise in order to fit those tires underneath?
Joo read?
been awhile fellas, finally cut into her over the past few months. lots of custom CV making and crap later. Ive got a long travel 4x4 explorer.

custom a arms front and rear with king 2.5 coil overs doing 16 inches of travel on 35"s without rubbing.

i would love to see some pictures of the arms, and of the suspension cycle.

love the rims and tires on your X

What wheels are those? They look good...

looks great now some flex pics to show off that 16 inch reach and your custom work...also is the LED light bar gunna be for looks or function those lights you have on there now gotta be bright as hell, is it custom?

while not yet, in a few years it might be worth selling such a system as a kit. there a quite a few 3rd gen offroaders who would probably KILL a chevy driver for such a kit. could it easily be mass produced?

SHE LOOKS AMAZING! while im into the street sceane with my truck, i love going off road with ATV's!! that thing looks like it could destroy a LOT of mud.

Looks nice. Good work. Wheels and tires are perfect, look very aggressive.

" while im into the street sceane with my truck, i love going off road with ATV's!! that thing looks like it could destroy a LOT of mud. "- ZERODEVIL

i laughed only because you have BFG's on your X, but i also understand that it is probably a state law up there to have them...

no i have bfg's becuse there are quite a few days a year up here where 8 - 10 inches fall OVERNIGHT and our employers expect us to come to work lol. Im looking into a set of 20 inch foose rims with Pzero's, a 2 inch drop, and sway bars for my ride. I remember once when i was still in school when 3.5 feet fell in under 6 hours, school's were closed for 3 days, and most buisinesses were closed as well. was a real nightmare. my truck can safely navigate 1 - 1.25 feet of snow with the BFG's on the BFG All terrain TA / KO tires. i have gone through some as deep as two feet though. some time ill post a pick of my "Street" truck climbing up a rather steep snowy hill, to save a chevy lol.

I def wanna see those pics lol !

Is that a custom made light bar or did you order it?

Would it be at all possible to have you sell kits (hopefully ones that will fit Gen4 Explorers and/or Gen3 Explorers)? I'd be hoping for less than $3k (excluding labor). I love how your Explorer looks, but I think those 35"s look a bit tight in there, so I'd probably put 33"s on, but I really just want those King Coilovers (since this is semi-custom order, might I get Bilstein 5100s? I like Kings, but I don't really need shocks that intense). I know Dave Turner Motorsports has an 07 ST with King Coilovers, but that thing also probably has $10+k worth of modifications. I emailed them once, no real response.
If you can't do a kit, how much do you estimate a local shop would charge for such a project? Also, could you provide dimensions, etc. so others can attempt this.

Thanks for any help.

hey, where did you get that work done, cause thats exactly what i want to do to my 05 then take down and race in the calss 6 baja

I'd like to see some pictures of the suspension. Kind of surprised that none have been show yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to see some pictures of the suspension. Kind of surprised that none have been show yet?

well hes known for showing something and taking for ever to follow up with the posts.... LOL :p:

Back