My Explorer (little dif than most on here) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Baker fenders and the big fiberwerx glass look awesome together IMO.

I agree. I love how agressive the Baker fenders are. The Fiberwerx fronts look gay, haha. Ive always disliked them but the Hannemans are just as bad and twice the price I got m ine for. I ordered the baker fenders so hopefully I can get them soon. I have a lot of work to do to get this thing ready for Halloween.

I agree. I love how agressive the Baker fenders are. The Fiberwerx fronts look gay, haha. Ive always disliked them but the Hannemans are just as bad and twice the price I got m ine for. I ordered the baker fenders so hopefully I can get them soon. I have a lot of work to do to get this thing ready for Halloween.

he only took 5 days to get mine. take a look around the shop when you go down there......you will be blown away.

Went up to see Scott at Deaver Spring today to pick up my new springs, and u-bolts. Its the f-67 62 in race spring. With mounting the spring in the stock hanger and building a custom 12" shackle I will advance my wheelbase back 3 inches to center my tires in the fenders and fenderwells and should achieve nearly 20 inches of rear wheel travel. Its not 4 linking it like I wanted to but with buying a new truck and Halloween right here around the corner I cant get it done in time.
1016091122.jpg

nice, ive thought about some 62's mounted outside of the frame rails similar to rangers. hopefully it works out well for you.

I have been talking to Geoff Falzone from Giant and I was gonna do a 64 kit but he said it wouldnt be worth it on the Explorer for a few reasons. Plus since Im gonna link it around new years this is temporary. I got the Giant weld it yourself 12 in shackle and Im tigging them up. Gonna try and get 18 out of the leafs. Im looking for some Fox bypasses but havent found any for a decent price that arent new yet.

The 62s are 2 7/8" longer from hanger to center pin than stock explorer springs so that moves my wheel base back the amount i need it. I have to take my driveshaft to a driveline place on Monday to have them retube it.

Good greif! That thing looks like a beast!

Will do, I just revalved my shocks for it. Used a flutter stack for the compression side of the piston to try and mellow the first half of the compression travel. Ive heard the springs will ride a little rough without the weight of a fuel cell in the rear. Thats next then Ill start the link job in Jan after I finish the cage. Im hoping itll work well. Better than the setup I have now

Well I got my Giant WIY 12" shackles for my 62s in yesterday so I went to the shop and welded them up last night. Forgot to sand off some welding splatter before I painted them but they look good anyways.
1021091613.jpg

Just got done with the first day of my 62 deaver install. Had to do alot more cutting than I anticipated but Ill get it done tomorrow. Gets 18 usuable wheel travel. After that the leafs start to seperate. Herres the only pic I took cause I was busy. Just past 20 inches of droop as u can see the leafs start to seperate.
attachment.php

0h ya...much more than I anticpated. Where the shackle has to go and with how far back the shackle swings everything has to be cut out of the way. Its crazy, haha. But its almost done. Gotta finish remounting the body and finish up the upper shock mounts then wait for the driveshaft to come back and itll be driving. It took a tone of cutting. Frame and body.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well before the weekend I got all the 62 install stuff done and the new driveshaft i. The wheel base is pushed back 3 inches and the wheels are centered in the fiberglass and wheel tubs now. Also had to build a quick bunper to get it back on the street cause I had the cut the other one off in order to continue my spring install. Not finished but you get the general idea.
IMG_9071.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

Back