My first experience with a Chevy Colorado | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My first experience with a Chevy Colorado

Well, It snowing like crazy here and I was just sitting in my dorm watching the simpsons when someone knocks on my door. I open it to find a girl from my broomball team. I help drive the team to games and practices, so everyone on the team has at least seen, if not ridden in my X. First she says: "Does you jeep have 4 wheel drive?". My first thought was "Grrr, she just called my X a jeep!" but I controlled myself and told her that it does have 4x4. Then she told me that her dad just slid his new Colorado into the swail (yes there are swails along the roads on campus) and was stuck, and if I could pull him out. It all went pretty smoothly. I put the X in 4 LO and got him out on the first try, without breaking anything on his Colorado, even though we had the tow strap wrapped around a control arm (the only place we could find!)

Yeah, it was just really nice having a real purpose to turn those hubs to "lock" :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fine work, looks like you may have a chance with her :D ...what's a swail?

Pics?

agoric875 said:
Fine work, looks like you may have a chance with her :D ...what's a swail?

Naw... I already have a really special girlfriend, it's gonna be our 1 year anniversary next weekend :)

A "swail" is a small, shallow ditch, by my definition.

Sorry no pics, I dont have a digi camera here at school.

I need some definitions..
Broomball ?
Swail?

Chew_12 said:
I need some definitions..
Broomball ?
Swail?

yosh18981898 said:
A "swail" is a small, shallow ditch, by my definition.

There's one.

I forget that broomball only exists in the northern midwest. It's a game that is basically hockey except with tennis shoes instead of ice skates, and "brooms" instead of hockey sticks. The "brooms" are just 4' dowel rods with a 4" hard plastic triangle on one end. And you play with a size 1 soccer ball instead of puck. Yes you play it on an ice rink, just like hockey.

yosh18981898 said:
I forget that broomball only exists in the northern midwest. It's a game that is basically hockey except with tennis shoes instead of ice skates, and "brooms" instead of hockey sticks. The "brooms" are just 4' dowel rods with a 4" hard plastic triangle on one end. And you play with a size 1 soccer ball instead of puck. Yes you play it on an ice rink, just like hockey.

and they have organized teams liek this? as in an actual sporting event that spectators go to in a league?

Yeah, my school has about 21 organized teams and we all play each other over Interim (january). The only spectators are from the school. As for professional teams, there might be but I'm not really sure. Everyone here at school takes it real seriously, it's the main part of Interim, as far as the students are concerned :D

Well, I just got done with my second towing job since the snow came

This time an idiot from my down my hall figured out the hard way that his
Taurus wasn't designed to drive through 2' of snow :eek:

I think I'm gonna have to start charging money for this....
I could probably make quite a bit, there are all kinds of idiots trying to drive through 2' snow banks and doing donuts in the middle of the road (and often landing in the swale, or "ditch") in their 2wd cars. At 10 bucks a pull, I could make quite a bit... :D

no pads.... you cant run very fast on ice without falling on your a s s ... with skates youd be flying.... and checking people....

You should do the auto hub swap :thumbsup: And not have to get out and flip em

Yeah, that would last for a few weeks, until they broke and left me stranded in 6" of snow like the factory ones did. They aren't called "auto-breaking" for nothing! :thumbdwn:

Reminds me now...on a police accident report (not my fault) the officer wrote my truck as a "Bronco"

Back