My First Explorer, 2000 EB | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

As per the instructions above here's the info:
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0
I'm from Parsons KS and you can contact me easily through a PM here.

Well, they aren't good pics. They were provided by the seller using a cell phone. But this is my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. I am going to "visit" it today at the sellers house and pull the radiator. My next day off I get to install a new one (would do them both today, but had to order the radiator). Jon (Turdle) has already provided me with the link to the radiator replacement thread. (Thanks again Jon)

Mods will be slow due to funding and the need to finish putting an engine in my other vehicle (seen below). Probably just go with exhaust and slightly more aggresive tires when funds allow. Any suggestions for basic upgrades? LOL I'm a seasoned Veteran with Thunderbirds, but a newbie with Explorers.

Explorer01.jpg

Explorer02.jpg

Explorer03.jpg

Explorer04.jpg

Explorer05.jpg

Explorer06.jpg

Explorer07.jpg

My other vehicle can be seen here:

GT_Touched_SM.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That Crawler looks awesome. I also love how you had the lowest clearance and yet not needed to strap up but a Heep had to Strap up. LOL. That is awesome. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

It's a great feeling when a pretty much stock Explorer can keep up with some of the bigger rigs out there

I always think back to last year when my buddy and I did one of the hardest local trails here. We had a group of Jeeps (all of them with 37s-40s and lockers) come up behind us. We were going to let them pass because we knew we might hang them up. But they said they wanted to wait and watch my Explorer tackle some of the obstacles. Needless to say they were impressed!

Well these past few trips have shown me... These running boards have got to go...so...

She looks kinda bare but I like it. Looks better than I thought it would.

20181128_173658.jpg

20181128_173715.jpg

Do have a query... is there a cheap and easy way to fill the holes left by the plastic clips? rubber plugs?... waterproof tape? LoL I don't care, just don't want water in there.

It does look a lot higher now.

Are you working on some rock slider - nerf bars now?

Yea I was amazed at the difference in appearance.
Gman and I have talked about sliders. He knows a guy who will cut the parts, and ship them to me to weld. While I feel good enough to weld a roof rack, or a bracket for a transmission filter, I don't know if I'm up to welding sliders, or a bumper.

There is a new 4x4 shop just around the corner from the house. I need to stop in there and see if they do any fabrication. If they don't there is a welding shop down the road, but they are proud of their work! (very $$$ proud!)

But I do plan on getting something mounted under there eventually.

You can use expanding foam to fill the rockers and let it set up, then use a razor blade to shave the holes flush. Then herculiner. However the rockers will still get water in them and the foam might prevent it from draining well, causing accelerated corrosion.

You might be able to find some rubber plugs that will work. I tried the interior trim retainers but the "threads" on those does not hold the buttons very tight against the metal.

My vote is a long piece of cloth tape, then herculiner thick enough to cover the tape line. Once the bedliner cures the tape will be there for a long time.

How about the aluminum tape, can that be painted over at all?

Keep the bottom edge of that body channel/seam clean. The drains for that rocker panel are slots along that bottom edge. If those get plugged too much, then any moisture inside is trapped, and it really rusts fast that way.

My vote is a long piece of cloth tape, then herculiner thick enough to cover the tape line. Once the bedliner cures the tape will be there for a long time.

Easy solution: Just hammer the pinch folds flat to get the sliders on higher. :D

I like both of those ideas. 1 for fixing the holes and the other for later when I get the sliders.

Good thinking!

You can try these for plugging the holes as well. As long as you don’t mind black dots along the bottom. I used them on my Sport when I took the tupperware off and they’ve worked pretty good so far!

100 3/8" Black Plastic Flush Type Hole Plugs 3/4"Head Clipsandfasteners Inc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0149IQZRK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BLlaCbT63RD10

Those look good as well, and are worth considering. But the tape and herculiner would give a smoother look, and also give added protection from corrosion.

Ok, I am liking the tape and herculiner idea more and more. Now, I am going to ask a simple question... Bedliner can easily be painted, right? I ask because I'd like to put sturdy tape over the holes, and then paint over the tape with Bedliner to match the flares. (yea, I'm weird that way)

Also, while under the truck removing the running boards I got a look at that double thickness transfer case I put in... Good thing its double thickness cause it has a big ol dent and bend in it! Musta hit a rock harder than I thought on that last trip to Sunflower Mine.

That Crawler looks awesome. I also love how you had the lowest clearance and yet not needed to strap up but a Heep had to Strap up. LOL. That is awesome. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

The same guy who owns that crawler owns a CJ7 with a small block chevy, front and rear lockers, and 40"(?) tires. Hes been doing this a loonngg time.

If you want to match the paint, then you need this product. It is one of the best liner products out there, as it doesn't have rubber to gas out like Herculiner and other bed liner products have. Raptor liner is just as good, but Monstaliner has more color options.

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

For what your doing, a small amount is all you need.

If you want to match the paint, then you need this product. It is one of the best liner products out there, as it doesn't have rubber to gas out like Herculiner and other bed liner products have. Raptor liner is just as good, but Monstaliner has more color options.

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

For what your doing, a small amount is all you need.

I like how this looks Gman. Might have to really look into this for my Explorer.

Back