My first how-to video: stock-looking radar detector install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My first how-to video: stock-looking radar detector install

Lhymes

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
Hope it might help someone. Figured I'd share the info after battling with the mirrortap. Also have some video of that third-party bumper protector on my car (really dig it). Lemme know what you think. My next vid (if I do one) will prob be a motortrend response video or a more thorough review than I've seen on YouTube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-OTI0WD2PE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no vid found
brianj

No video

There we go guys. Finally got the video uploaded. Hope it's helpful. Let me know what you think!

love how you say "figured i'd make a quick two minute video", yet the video is ten minutes long..hahahah....j/k good vid.

love how you say "figured i'd make a quick two minute video", yet the video is ten minutes long..hahahah....j/k good vid.

lol yeah, when I started thought it would be really quick, but wanted to give as much detail as I could. 2 minutes, 10 minutes. Same diff. j/k Thanks!

lol yeah, when I started thought it would be really quick, but wanted to give as much detail as I could. 2 minutes, 10 minutes. Same diff. j/k Thanks!

Where did you get the bumper protector? I need to cover two gougues. :rolleyes:

Is the the dog an after-market or stock variety? :)

Wow, that looks absolutely awesome, I'll adopt the dog ... eh ... the wiring method rather! Thanks for making the video, it is plenty descriptive for me.

I'm still looking for a bumper protector that has a smooth transition line between the top, the lip, and the side. What appears in the video looks to have a sharp transition, but it's really already functional. I guess I could cut the edges to fit my desire.

Cheers!

Thanks for the positive feedback! The dog, Chester, is aftermarket for sure. While he looks pretty well-installed, he has a flaw where he makes a whining noise when the car's moving and the windows are up. Gotta bring him in and get that checked out. ;)

We seem to have some stuff in common. I have the same white explorer with those rims, a black ranger 4x4, and a German shepherd. Also have a Dobe that rides in the back :)

Nice video

Back