My first second gen. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My first second gen.

Sexplorerr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
00' Ford Explorer EB
Hey guys out there on the forum. Not really much of a noob but take it easy on me lol, was under an old account and only posted in the first gen section but recently bought my first truck. I bought a 2000 Eddie Bauer 4.0 sohc AWD 112k on the clock very clean. Bought from the original owner they were an elderly couple and took really good care of this truck. Trucks mint minus the cancer on the shackle :(. Brand new tires, brakes all around, all timing chains done, and all fluids maintain. only negatives are the radio display doesnt work but the radio does? And power mirrors dont work. I payed $2500 for the truck do you guys think i got a deal? ill post pics when i can.:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The radio display was a huge problem back when these things came out. Anymore, you're probably better off putting an aftermarket unit in since they'd have Bluetooth, aux in, etc.

IMG_20140717_125939_zps13897fbd.jpg

IMG_20140717_130519_zps0fbc1736.jpg

ex1_zpse4a2309c.jpg

The radio display was a huge problem back when these things came out. Anymore, you're probably better off putting an aftermarket unit in since they'd have Bluetooth, aux in, etc.
Yea ive read up on that and found that to be a very common problem. Now i have the 6 disc cd changer (prob never gonna use) but is it possible to keep that and make it work with a newer headunit? Bc ive never been able to do it on other cars.

I got a dirty one for $2500 with double mileage,put more than $6000 in a year already plus gas. So I think u got a good deal if the truck doesn't give u any troubles

I got a dirty one for $2500 with double mileage,put more than $6000 in a year already plus gas. So I think u got a good deal if the truck doesn't give u any troubles

The truck was previously owned by the original owners they bought it brand new back in 2000. And we all know old people they take care of their stuff lol ;). The main reason I jumped on it bc they already had the timing chains done so that's on hiccup in hoping not to worry bout.

Back