My Ford Aerostar.

hawr

Reaction score
City, State
Moscow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Aerostar 92XLT
This is my second Ford Aerostar V6 4,0.
Aerostar pleased, plenty of space for the family.
In Russia, a little bad with the parts on the Aerostar, but I and my friends Ford Aerostar Fan Club, tried to repair it on their own.
Few photos:

91361725.jpg

91361751.jpg

91361904.jpg

91361973.jpg

mileage over my Aerostar 260,000 miles.

In Russia we have a club owner Ford Aerostar.
Ford Aerostar in Russia is very small, in the club with 18 participants Ford Aerostar.
In Russia, the Ford Aerostar exotic and rare cars.
Welcome to our site:
www.ford-aerostar.ru

Our website and the only club in Russia

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford Aerostar Fan Club winter meeting.

Meeting winter Fan Club Ford Aerostar

92350789.jpg

92350790.jpg

92350795.jpg

Few Russian vodka from the cold, and a barbecue.

92350787.jpg

My Aerostar in the mountains of the Krasnodar Territory

90999362.jpg

90999333.jpg

My little family

90999156.jpg

90999233.jpg

I have a pool ....

91889767.jpg

Welcome to this forum! Добро пожаловать на форум! It's nice to see dedicated Aerostar members in another country. We don't have an Aerostar club in America. Does the Ford dealership in Russia still sell parts for your Aerostar? Some vendors on this site such as WWW.RockAuto.Com will ship parts if you need anything. The vendors section of this site has a 5% off coupon code. Please tell other members of your Aerostar club about our site.

I do not speak English. Have to use Google translator, but I think it will not interfere in our communication ....
I can add your forum and website partners of our site.
Ford dealers in Russia do not sell spare parts for Ford Aerostar.
But we often like to order themselves with http://www.rockauto.com/, or through other intermediaries.
Thank you for the reception to tell other members of your forum.

We often when ordering spare parts question, delivery of heavy items, as the cost of shipping to Russia, it is greater than the cost of spare parts.

At one time I had a 1985 Pontiac Trans Am that looked similar to the one in the photo above. It had blue paint on top with a gray bottom. When the Aerostar was new (1986-1997), did you see a lot of them in Russia? The wheels in the above photos look similar to those used on a Mustang or other Ford vehicles. Were they original from the factory? I see that most of your vans have auxiliary lights on the front bumper.

Havre Hi! Thank you posted video from a meeting on February 26 and yesterday's photo, but I did not have time)))

Hey, that's a nice looking Aerostar you have. It looks identical to mine. Mine has the Ranger wheels with the D-shaped holes like the green one with the antenna. I have a roof visor on mine. A guy that lives over the hill from me has two more exactly like ours. I wish I could get a picture of the three of them together. Electric Red over Platnium was one of the best color combinations.

Brooklyn Bay, I think those are later model 16" Lincoln Mark 7 LSC wheels.

Nice Aerostars. I have always liked them. They are actual trucks. I don't think they are even that difficult to convert to 4x4 if you wanted to since they are body on frame. Many parts between the Explorer and Aerostar on the drivetrain are interchangeable.

Welcome to the forum!

My Ford Aerostar V6 4,0 1992 onwards, I want to update it a bit and put under Auto 5R55E.

Clarify the possibility of replacing the computer in 1997 from the Ford Aerostar V6 4,0 under the box 5R55E, and a set of wiring the engine compartment.
So as for the 5R55E automatic transmission

You want to swap the computer, wiring harness, transmission, and the sensors from a 1997 model into your 1992 model? This is going to be a lot of work. Take pictures of your progress. It sounds very interesting.

wiring diagrams 1997 and 1992

before you change the wiring should buy it, alas, in Russia it is almost impossible, I need the catalog numbers of wiring under the hood, and the automatic transmission, the same catalog number of the computer in 1997.
And the wiring diagrams 1997 and 1992 ...

I'm an electrician, voltage drops from 12,8 V to 14,7 V, a generator and batteries are replaced with new but prepady not changed, but the differences are constants at full load for a while everything stops while 12,8 V, but it's worth to start moving or something to disable the supply voltage starts to ride ...

Cool, a member on here Nice59FordF100 converted a 5R55E into a first gen Explorer which is same engine/computer setup as your 4.0 Aerostar, you may want to look for his thread.

Cool, a member on here Nice59FordF100 converted a 5R55E into a first gen Explorer which is same engine/computer setup as your 4.0 Aerostar, you may want to look for his thread.

ОК....:salute:

Back