• Register Today It's free!

MY ford touch black screen again!

northwoods explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer xlt
I know there have been a lot of questions about the screen going black.
I have a 2011 explorer xlt.
I had it to the dealer in July this year. They didn't get any error codes but they were able to reset it and it was alright for a month. It happened again. I did the reset by pulling the fuse and was fine for a week or more and went out again. Ok called for appointment day before the appointment it came on by itself. Called them said they probably couldn't get any code because it was working. They said they may have to keep it over night to see if it would reproduce the problem. Well it went out again made appointment. Again the day before it came on by itself again.

SaId heck with it I'm getting sick of this brought it in. They did some tests when the tech was reinstalling the software it black to and they got an error code for the ACM (Audio Control Module). Never had any audio problems with it just the screen going black. Can the ACM cause this? They are supposed to have ordered the part. Haven't heard from them yet. Been a week.

I know from my research of this problem that the APIM is most likely the problem.

They said because of all the computer modules it could be any of them that could cause the problem. Are they blowing smoke or is this possible.

Your help would be appreciated before I get on their case.

Thanks ahead of time.
Tom

PS Where is the APIM located?

I believe the APIM is attached to the back of the CD unit. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...m-replacement-location-part-no-how-to.463793/

Peter

0985a_017_001.JPG

Thanks Peter for the input!
I called dealer to check on status of the part they hadn't received it yet.
Found out it was the APIM as I figured it should be and not the ACM.
Must have been a little communication problem with all the letters being toss around.

Back