My Girlfriend Was In An Car Accident | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

My Girlfriend Was In An Car Accident

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
So my fire pager goes off around 5:45 am this morning. I dont think anything of it. It was a report of a 2 car accident with Injurys. SO I head for the door and the phone rings. I was told my girlfriend was involved in the accident and is haveing chest pains. So I fly down to the car accident seen. It was only less then a mile from home. I got down there and saw her. She seemed fine. No airbags deployed. Her chest hurt from the seatbelt. Its probably better that they did not deploy. Sometimes they hurt people more then they help. I guess she was driveing going 40 mph and came to a 4 way intersection., She had a flashing yellow light, so she had the right of way. Well some guy who had a flashing red light, pulled out infront of her and they hit. Thother guy involed was driveing a Saturn. He had back pains. After all was said and done my girlfriend was released from the hospital after an hour. She feels fine now. They gave her a percription for meds in case the pain comes back. Heres a pic of her car. Looks like its gonna be totaled and she is gonna have to get a new one. Its a 98 Honda Civic EX coupe.

1.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Dayum, glad shes okay.

Airbags saved my ass last march.
yes they can burn or punch you, but I'd still rather have them then not.
Seatbelts too.

On some of those Honda's, the ones where the seatbelt is automatic withthe door, I see people never use the lap belt, this will do more harm then not wearing a belt at all.

Again glad she and everyone else involved is okay.

Mornings can be rough, I came awfully close to running a red this AM at a light that is NEVER red in the AM, reminded me to pay attention more.
People are still tired, frantic in prep for work, etc its just like driving anywhere at 2:30 am, you gotta be extra careful of other drivers.

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I'm glad to hear all involved in the accicdent were ok...

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Damn Matt......I'm glad she's ok. She's going to need a new license plate too, you cant even make out what it says

alphabets13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer Premier
accidents are scary as hell, i know, i've been in two pretty bad ones. it's really simple though, as long as you have your seatbelt on, odds are really favorable that you won't even have a scratch. your girlfriend is smart, good for her and i'm glad she is not hurt.

frickea86

Rust? You mean character!
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT SOHC
wow, glad to hear she came out of it with minimal injures, glad shes ok, car can be replaced....

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Fordexplorer157 said:
Thanks guys. It was really nerve racking

I bet it was. I don't know what I'd do if I pulled up on my gf at an accident scene. I guy I went to school with a guy that got killed in a car accident and his mom drove by it 5 mins after it happened. It had to be horrible to see the scene.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
that's crazy! i dread the part of my future where i may one day be called to respond to an accident scene and find out it was someone i know.....

glad she is ok...... were there witnesses? there is most likely no way there is proof in either case, and it might turn ito a nasty legal battle, especially since the otehr guy is claiming back injuries

BigDave!!!

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 2WD
glad she is ok and also glad that that guy was driving a saturn and not something like a suburban

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Good to hear she is okay.
Seatbelts save lives, no doubt.

Also, unless the civic is high milage it doesnt look like a total loss to me.

Best of luck in the porcess

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Sorry to hear the gf was in an accident, but glad to hear she has only minor injuries.

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
yea nothing like haveing your heart skip a beat. Right now its a pain to get the police report because the cop works third shift and my g/f goes to work early. This cop also does not leave paperwork anywhere for people to get at it. We have gone through a LT & a Capt to get the report and no one can find it. They better locate it soon. We wanna get this insurance stuff settle ASAP. Cause god knows it takes a long time anyway.

DeRocha said:
Sorry to hear the gf was in an accident, but glad to hear she has only minor injuries.

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Of course this wouldn't have happend if you'd only installed the Whistle tip like your gf has been asking you too. If its good enough for Bubb it should be good enough for you..

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
He's the character in the above Whistle link.. Just rember as little Lis says "Its just for decoration"

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
DeRocha said:
He's the character in the above Whistle link.. Just rember as little Lis says "Its just for decoration"

That noise would drive me insane......just as bad as motorcyclists that remove their baffles from their mufflers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

00XLS

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Frackville/State College PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 00 XLS
Glad shes ok, how did the bags not deploy?