My Girlfriend Was In An Car Accident | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

My Girlfriend Was In An Car Accident

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
00XLS said:
Glad shes ok, how did the bags not deploy?

It was a glancing impact.... It wasn't a severe-enough deceleration to warrant the airbags.

Also, unless there's some significant un-seen structural damage, it may not be a total loss. It'll never drive right again though.... if it was mine, I'd sell it if it's not totaled.

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
The police dept is really pissing myself and my girlfriend off. This police officer works third shift. We have called there twice and stoped by and no one can find a copy of the police report! I left this cop a message last night to give me a call on my cell phone because I would be off from work the next day. Well no call. The dispatcher at the police dept told me that the insurance company should be geting the police report. I am geting fed up with them. Pretty soon I am gonna go over this cops head and go to a ranking officer. This is insane.

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Fordexplorer157 said:
The police dept is really pissing myself and my girlfriend off...Pretty soon I am gonna go over this cops head and go to a ranking officer. This is insane.

I feel your pain, but if you're going over the officer's head you gotta do it in a nice innocennt way... No sense in making a big scence and ending up in the local 5.0 radar screen.

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
True, But what makes me even more mad is. I work for the Town Of Essex also as a firefighter. So over the 5 years I have worked for the town most of them know me. I have never met this cop before. But this is a slap in the face. Since I work for the Town I would hope they would get me and my girlfriend taken care of right away. I do know the Captain of the Police Dept and a Corporal. My momther also went to school with the captain. Fusterating stuff

DeRocha said:
I feel your pain, but if you're going over the officer's head you gotta do it in a nice innocennt way... No sense in making a big scence and ending up in the local 5.0 radar screen.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
gijoecam said:
It'll never drive right again though....

-Joe

How so ?

Please explain this comment,,,

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
MONMIX said:
How so ?

Please explain this comment,,,

Sorry, I should have explained that comment a bit more....

In my experience, once you've dealt a glancing blow to a unibody vehicle, things get tweaked, and it seems that they never drive right after that.... something always seems out of whack after that..... Just my opinion, that's all.

-Joe

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Yeah, that is a very popular opinion, with very little foundation.
Repaired right, you will never know the vehicle was in an accident. With the accuracy and perscision of the frame mesuremnt system and the accuracy of a four wheel alignment, the vehicle can easily be returned to pre-collision condition.
It all boils down to a correct repair process. Which now a days, thankfully is pretty common place, though not exclusive.

gijoecam

Village Idiot
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ExSport, '00 F-150
That may be the case, but it's also been my experience.... I'm also a bit picky too, so that plays into it as well, I'm sure. Things just never seem right after the fact.... Like I said, just my opinion.

-Joe

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
gijoecam said:
That may be the case, but it's also been my experience.... I'm also a bit picky too, so that plays into it as well, I'm sure. Things just never seem right after the fact.... Like I said, just my opinion.

-Joe
I stand by my work 100% If you dont like a fender gap bring it back I will adjust it to your satisfaction, if you dont like the paint work we will re do it, no problem. If you tell me " It just doesnt seem right " I will ask what do you mean by that. Is it some thing I need to adjust ? Paint ? clean ? If you cant tell me then I can not fix it.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Hahaha
Let me calrify, this is for existing repairs :D

Raminator157

Mopar Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Essex Jct Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Ram 1500
Well my girlfriend finally got a new car. 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe. Its Red and has 30,000 miles on it. I will take pictures of it when she comes home today. I actully thought the newer looking civics are alright. It has stock alloy wheels and a nice looking Gauges. We are still fighting with the insurance company. They are really trying to low ball her. I dont know why her insurance company is trying to settle with her, when it was the other guys fault. She will be calling the other guys insurance company to have them send their adjuster to look at the car to see what kind of damges their were. My girlfriends Adjuster was making up prior damages. So my girlfriend and her dad went to look at the car and took over 60 picstures of the car. The places where he said their was damage, there was no damage found. I smell Fraud!

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
You'd think your insurance company would be on your side to help you get the fair value of the car.. Of course if both insurance companies are owned by the same person then it would explain it right there.. :D