My Gold & Black Sport Trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Gold & Black Sport Trac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wheels are Mickey Thompson Sidebiter 15X8 5X4.5 3.31BS. They didn't clear the calipers naturally so I had to use some of those small spacers. I don't remember their exact size, but they are no more than a quarter inch thick.

Ok, thanks.

Great looking ST..I would only recommend to use Mothers 'Back to Black' on the bumper and any other trim like it..This stuff works magic!

A great tip indeed. I picked up some today and here are the results:

Before:
P1040544.jpg

After:
IMG_20110426_143158.jpg

It made a pretty big difference. ;):thumbsup:

Very nice! I think a trac will be my next truck :)

Where did you pick up the android p*ss on apple sticker? - I have it for the background on my Devour :p

probably a dumb question. But I want some of the black overlay Ford logo stickers. But I can only find them for an F-150. Are they the same size? or do you have a link to the ones that you used?

Where'd you get the step bars from? I've found some on ebay chep but they don't really look like they'll support any weight, the steps you have have the real brackets that I want not the ones that only have one screw at each end.

Where'd you get the step bars from? I've found some on ebay chep but they don't really look like they'll support any weight, the steps you have have the real brackets that I want not the ones that only have one screw at each end.

They were already installed when I bought the truck last year but I can tell you they are Westin branded. And considering the previous (and only other) owner kept it bone stock for 6 years, I assume they are the factory step bars from when she first bought the truck. I guess we could confirm this if you or someone knows if Ford used Westin for their factory ST step bars.

Edit: Here are the exact bars: http://www.carid.com/2001-ford-sport-trac-side-steps/westin-nerf-bars-50672.html

Those are Westins from what I can see. Ford factory bars are Ford, not Westin.

These are factory bars:
OEMSportTracstep.jpg

Bolt on like this:
OEMSportTracstepmount.jpg

My 01 came with factory bars, my 02 with Westins. No comparison when it comes to strength!
Jerry, surely someone on MyST from up your way has a set of factory bars they've taken off. Ask around.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that and look around. I like those mounting brackets you have pictured. I always thought their stronger then the factory brackets I had on my '03.

bro u went to my school!!!! its because of thats truck i got my own sport trac!! but great looking truck, did u do anything to the inside

bro u went to my school!!!! its because of thats truck i got my own sport trac!! but great looking truck, did u do anything to the inside

Awesome! Yeah, actually, I just installed a new in-dash receiver. A Pioneer AVH-P3300BT which has a touchscreen, Bluetooth integration, plays DVDs, etc. I also replaced the stock speakers with some Sony X-Plod's. Besides that I have a mounted GPS and radar detector and my handgun mounted next to my seat. ;)

Awesome! Yeah, actually, I just installed a new in-dash receiver. A Pioneer AVH-P3300BT which has a touchscreen, Bluetooth integration, plays DVDs, etc. I also replaced the stock speakers with some Sony X-Plod's. Besides that I have a mounted GPS and radar detector and my handgun mounted next to my seat. ;)

That pioneer head unit is sick right? I got one for a steal and installed it. I love it, it's so customizable and it sounds great.

Nice truck man, I like it.

nice!! so do you just have a 3in body lift?

That pioneer head unit is sick right? I got one for a steal and installed it. I love it, it's so customizable and it sounds great.

Yeah, its great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice!! so do you just have a 3in body lift?

Nope, just TT and Shackles. Though I'm thinking I might put a body lift on wiith some bigger tires in the future, when I have the money.

Back