• Register Today It's free!

My HHO project.

bse068

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Eddie Bauer
After reading all of the postings in this forum, I have decided to actually begin a project of my own. The contributing members of this forum have provided some most useful information. Aldive's progress with his project is an excellent starting point. He sparked my interest, and now I have challenged myself to see if I can have similar success with my project. I have purchased the HHO generator. In the near future, I will be adding a Dual MAF/MAP Sensor Enhancer, and a data logging device. I realize there are several other componets that are needed to acquire a true understanding of the changes are happening to the engine. This is only the beginning of this journey, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much $ are you going to invest in this project..if you dont mind

Second purchase for My HHO Project...

I am trying to be cost effective and to use components and designs from proven builders and end users. The design of the HHO generator is the one that Aldive used in his project. (Approx cost: $50)

I just purchased the dual edge map/maf enhancer for my project. I chose this component because it uses items soldered to a circuit board. This should prove to be a durable design for installation in my Explorer. (Approx cost: $30)

The price of each component of an HHO System can vary greatly depending on the components, quality of materials, and quality of construction.

While I still have several components to purchase for my setup, I would like to thank everyone that has provided information and feedback regarding the installation of an HHO Setup.

The best advice that I could give to anyone willing to take on this project is to do your homework before you begin making your first purchases.

Subscribing! :D

Thanks...

Thanks for moving the thread to the proper location.

I will take pictures to document my progress, but unfortunately I am unable post them. I tried to post pictures of the HHO generator and the MAF Enhancer but I am not an elite member.

Dual Edge MAP/MAF Sensor arrived...

The Dual Edge MAP/MAF Sensor Enhancer that I ordered arrived today. The craftsmanship is very good. It is heavier than expected. It is a well assembled device, and the installation instructions are detailed.

For my part, I have read many articles regarding the installation of these units along with the methods used for finding the signal wire. I have pulled out my Haynes Repair Manual, and I have been looking at my engine bay so that can develop a plan for the installation. The best instructions for locating the signal wire for the MAF sensor were found at a different website. I will use both methods to confirm that I have the correct wire before cutting the signal wire and making the final connections.

At this point, the only additional materials that I will need is some extra wire so that the unit will reach into the passenger compartment.

Back