My Island Blue Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Island Blue Trac

My Ebay "no reserve" special. :p

Living in Alaska, we were soon to move to Vegas for my wife to attend UNLV, so we searched around for a smaller vehicle for the big city. We were currently driving a F350 extended cab dually with the V10, which seemed a little large for Vegas. We settled on a Sport Trac, and found this Island Blue available on Ebay with no reserve, so I thought, "what the hell, lets see if I can't get this thing cheap."

We ended up buying it for 15K, which was 5-7K less than we had found anywhere else at the time for something with similar options and mileage. We flew to DC, picked the truck up, drove it to Vegas, threw it in storage and flew back to Alaska. Finally after 6 months, we flew down to Vegas and pulled the dusty beast out of storage and started the mods.

Here's how she looked when we bought her:
693279_21_full.jpg

After 18 months, here is what she looks like now:
693279_20_full.jpg

There are a few more items to come, especially with the interior, but I've almost got the complete look I'm going for. I'm still up in the air if I want to do something wild with the exterior paint. Flames seem too common any more, and pinstriping and tribal graphics aren't my thing, but something is tempting me to do some work. Maybe some airbrush art somewhere is the ticket.

I've set up a cardomain site if you would like to see the rest of the information on the trac. I have a complete custom audio system that my brother and I installed last summer in Alaska, and I've fixed up the performance a touch, but looking for ways to bump up the torque and get a few more ponies to come along for the ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693279

Thanks for a great site and I look forward to tossing out any info I might be able to share, and look forward to picking a few brains. Hopefully I'll get to meet some western US Explorer/Trac owners soon as I'll be hosting a get together in early April in Las Vegas.

Jerry

Very nicely done! :thumbsup:

Great Looking ST, you should make a linky to your cardomain site, I had to search for your page.
Nice write-up on the audio install by the way. It gave me a lot of good ideas.
5 stars all the way around. :thumbsup:

Back